Monday, March 1, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

Whew, we had a busy weekend... I finally got five loads of laundry put away and two dishwasher loads of dishes done. I didnt have time to do it during the craziness. Friday I smashed my fingers in the door and washed a diaper while doing laundry (not fun to clean up a mess with throbbing fingers, grrr). On Saturday I had a baby shower to go to and then we spent the day as a family. We took the kids sledding, which reminded me of how old Im getting. I remember going over jumps and crashing being a lot more fun than it was. We got some really cute pictures and the kids had a blast. It was nice that it was warm enough to enjoy the outdoors. Sunday we got together with friends after the a.m. and p.m. church services. After not being at home for a couple of days, I got up this morning and couldnt stand the house for another second. Its all picked up and Im not feeling overwhelming anxiety from a cluttered disaster anymore.
My sister, cousin and I started to do the 30 Day Shred exercise DVD together. I have three things to say about that workout "Oh. My. Word." After doing it for a few days I could hardly stand up when getting off my chair and had to kind of squat and fall back into it when sitting down. I have sore thighs, and arms, and stomach etc, etc, etc... I thought I would let you all know about my progress through the 30 days of working out with Jillian. Unfortunately this weekend being as busy as it was as well as getting together with people, I probably ate whatever calories I burned and more. So I will start fresh today and do much better with the eating thing and let you know at the end of this week if Ive lost any weight. Sometimes I just have no self control, my hubby LOVES cookie dough so I try to have a batch made at all times, but I LOVE soft warm cookies (you see the problem) I told my husband, "Hun if you see me eating a cookie just rip it out of my hands!" he just laughed at me. Hes no help ;o) He thinks its "cute" that I lack self control with pastry type foods, but he may not think its so cute in about 10 years when the bad eating really catches up to me!
Its time to get back on the wagon and LOSE 10 POUNDS! Tonight Im working out with Jillian, riding my elliptical and Im going to exercise my mind and spiritual life and get caught up on my Bible reading (Im a month behind on reading through the Bible in a year). Until 7 o'clock though Im going to spend some quality time with my kids.

3 comments:

  1. OUch, Julie. Fingers and Jillian. I've never met Jillian, and I don't think that I want to ;-) I'm too old for that sort of abuse even if I do need to give up at least ten pounds.

    Hope you have a calmer week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have yet to be reunited with jillian...i'm procrastinating. i don't like her. but yeah, its a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love that you took the kids sledding! How fun! ALSO...would be fun to see the pictures! :) I'm sure you got some fun ones! Snow pictures are fun...and you're right, it WAS super nice out!

    ReplyDelete