Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Funny Kids, Fire, and Fingernails

I have some of funny things the kids did this past week:
The other day Blondie was sitting on the ground holding a couple of Georges racetrack pieces. She had one under her chin and the other one angled and moving across the first piece as if she was playing a violin. She was also singing to the music she was playing. It was so sweet. George and I looked at each other and smiled. We have some amazing violin players in our church and evidently Blondie likes their music.
I was babysitting some neighbor kids, one was a three year old boy and the other was a little girl about 18 months. Anyway, George had a race car track set up behind the couch and didnt want the babies (the little girl and Tiny) to mess it up. He drew a picture of a girl and a boy, the boy had a circle around it and the girl had an X through it. That meant boys were allowed but no girls. The babies came to the paper and ripped it. He then drew a picture of a girl ripping a paper and drew an X through that :o) It cracked me up. I was going to take a picture of his drawings but I cant find the camera, when I find it I may take pictures and post them because they are worth seeing.
Tiny has THE cutest and I mean CUTEST voice in the world. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Its deep and raspy. Kind of like Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) or Rachel Ray. You know how their voice is? Thats what hers is like. I think its the cutest thing ever. I love it when she breaks into "song" because she does like to "sing". Everytime I hear her babble (which isnt a lot, shes pretty quiet) I have to smile, its too cute! I hope she keeps her adorable voice because I like it a lot.
We had a fire at our apartment on Sunday. A lot of bad things could have happened, one we were supposed to go to some friends house in the afternoon, but it got pushed back a couple of weeks. We could have come home to our building being burned to the ground. The second bad thing was the girls and I were taking naps and the boys were running errands and working on the car. Anyway, my hubby had to come in for a tool and saw the outlet sparking... He came into the room and said "Ju theres a fire get up and get the girls!" then he ran over to our maintenance friends apartment and told him. When he got back it was on fire. So if he hadnt come home me and the girls could have been in trouble, the windows had a lot of mud in front of them so we wouldnt have been able to get out the windows (they open out not up) and I was sleeping with the bedroom door shut so wouldnt have smelled the fire for awhile. Thank you Lord that it wasnt more serious!! I was going to take a picture of our outlet because it was pretty crazy, but the cameras missing. It would have been cool... For once there wasnt flames in our house from me being in the kitchen!
I now have fingernails. Ive been growing them out for a month and a half. My husband LOVES getting his back and arms tickled and LOVES it even MORE when I scratch his head. Its EVEN better when I have long nails. So I grew them out for him. Ive had long nails two other times in my life, one was for my wedding and on our wedding night I bit them all off. Long nails drive me crazy. Im also dangerous with them. My poor kids have gotten scratched and poked a lot. I'll walk by them and ruffle their hair but accidentally nick them in the forehead. Or George has the cutest little behind in the world, he was playing with Blondie and was leaning over the arm of our chair and his little bum was sticking in the air so I went over and gave it a squeeze and I hear "OWWWWW!" he turns around and looks at me holding his hiney and says "mommy your nails are sharp!" I was like oh yes I do have claws now, that probably did hurt... Or Im doing Blondie's hair and I see her neck has little red welts all over because of my nails scratching her. Tiny has to have me dress her with these things, poor girl. I even claw my own forehead on occasion or when I scratch an itch I scratch to hard and hurt myself. Anyway, I feel like I should wear a warning sign that says "Come near me at your own risk, you may get nicked, scratched, or clawed involuntarily, I have nails" For now I'll keep them, but their days are limited, its hard to type, open necklace clasps, tie shoes, hold a pen to write, etc, etc, etc. They're just annoying, BUT I keep them for my man :o) I like to make him happy, and scratching his head with nails makes him very happy.

5 comments:

  1. Cute stories about your kids! I just love how George drew his pictures (I still need to see those), funny kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I logged into your account to fix 2 things and then I commented:o) Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness, I'm so sorry about the fire - I'm SO glad you guys are okay!!! That is amazing how God worked that out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A violin music lover, ay?! =D Loving your blog, Julie! Your kids are too cute. Fun stories!

    And, wow... yes! PTL Randy came in for that tool when he did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I am so glad the fire wasn't worse, but that must have been upsetting anyway.
    I still think that story with George and the no girls aloud sign is so funny. (-:

    ReplyDelete