
He's the love of my life... I'm so glad God brought us together... Sometimes I sit and gaze at him and wonder, "Why did God chose for ME to have this wonderful man? Why did this man chose ME?"
Song of Solomon 2:16, "I am my beloveds and he is mine."
It all started our freshman year of college. We had mutual friends and all of us started doing things together. I liked him off and on but we both dated other people. He was always such a tease and I liked that. I worked in the kitchen at school and he would come through the food line and crease the bill on my hat or pull the string on my apron so that I would have to re-tie it. He made me smile. All of us would rollerblade together and He had really junky rollerblades with wheels that didn't turn very fast. He would have to work three times as hard as the rest of us to keep up (he's actually VERY good at skating, and rollerblading. After he got new blades he kicked all our rear ends) One time everyone was zipping ahead of him so I slowed down and matched my pace to his and we talked. I always found it interesting that he being very quiet and me being quiet by nature never ran out of things to talk about. One time while rollerblading I hit a crack and wiped out. While falling I ran into him and we tumbled to the ground together. Err, umm, sorry, hee-hee. He still teases me saying that I did it on purpose. ;o) I say, "Maybe I did and maybe I didn't, but you liked it, too!" There were many evenings of rollerblading, having meals together, laughing, and enjoying each other. Summer came and went and we were back at school. One of our friends left our "group" so it was me, Him, and our friend who happened to be my roommate. He would come and get us for meals. When we were going out he would click his tounge REALLY loud (which he still does to get my attention at stores and things) so that we would come to the window and He would let us know he was there. I always liked that and thought it rather attractive, cute and unique. I was having a really rough semester and had a lot going on. After Christmas break I went back to school, I really didn't want to but I did. He stayed home that semester. I ended up leaving school a month into the semester and went home too, not because He wasn't there but because of some things I needed to work through. We e-mailed just a few times but otherwise didn't talk until the following year. My sister came that year and we got to the school early and so did he. He had worked at a summer camp before coming to school. He was very tanned and Mmm, Mmm, Mmm, did he look nice! We saw each other and talked. Later on I found out his interest was peaked my way too. He thought I really matured and changed in a good way. I had to go to his church on Wednesday nights to meet with a European lady for one of my classes. I rode the van and so did he. We had LOTS of conversation time and that's when I REALLY started to be intersted in him. He was kind of dating my friend so I kept my distance. I was happy for them and tried to keep my heart in check. Well they ended up breaking things off. Near the end of the semester we both started to like each other but didnt know if it was mutual. He jokingly asked me if I wanted to go to Texas for Christmas break with him and his family. I was like "haha, you're funny"- come to find out he was half serious. When I flew home I pleaded with my mom to PRAY hard because I thought he might like me and if we did get togther he might be the "one". When we got back from break we both got there a day early. We talked on the phone that night for several hours. Oh the flutters in my tummy! I liked him and I liked him ALOT. We had many relationship conversations before we hooked up. We both didnt want to date, just to date. I had my heart broken twice, both times for another girl (two different guys did this... ouch.) and didnt want to get hurt again. He said if we got together he wanted to marry me. So after much assurance on his part that he wouldnt break my heart we dated. That lasted 11 days... because we got engaged! Boy were we the gossip of the school :o) Hey it makes a good story right? How many people only date 11 days? We were married three and a half months later! The first time he kissed me I was dizzy. I woke up several times that night and had a huge, I mean HUGE smile on my face. He can still leave me light-headed after he kisses me... Not every kiss of course but there are times where my heart beat will pick up and I can't breathe very well. Ahem, anyway.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, "Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a three-fold cord is not quickly broken."
He's my other half. He's thougtful and helpful. When I've had a sleepless night with the kids he'll get up with our early bird and let me sleep. I take it for granted sometimes how much he helps me around the house. He just rolls up his sleeves and pitches in to help, dishes, putting clothes away, trash. He's an example of a servants heart. I love it when he's home when one of the kids have a bad dream. Instead of going in and patting their back and getting them a drink like I do, he'll go in and pick them up and carry them out to the living room and rock them for awhile and talk to them. It's so tender and so precious to hear him soothing their fears away. He makes me laugh, he says the most off the wall things and it will just give me the giggles. He's my favorite person in the world. I love to spend time with him. Even if its watching a movie or playing a game, it's so fun because we're together.
Philippians 1:3, "I thank my God upon every rememberance of you."
Everything hasn't been perfect. We disagree at times or hurt the other, but we come out stronger because we work it out. At the start of our marriage we learned to say, "I'm sorry, will you forgive me?" And we've kept it up. I love how I don't always have to be the first to apoligize, if he's in the wrong he'll say hes wrong. If Im wrong I'll say Im wrong.
He's the leader of our home and he's a good leader. I love listening to him read for family devotions. I love to hear him pray. I love to snuggle with him. I love to talk to him. He's the one I want to share news with first. My favorite part of the day is when he comes home from work. He's my best friend and I'm SO thankful that I get to spend my life with HIM.
Song of Solomon 5:16b, "This is my beloved and this is my friend."
I love him and I love him alot.
This has been on here for 3 days and I haven't read it yet??? We're such lucky girls to have such great husbands! God is good and has definitely blessed both our families!
ReplyDeleteAww Julie this is sweet. You have a good memory too!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful post! I had tears in my eyes! I'm so happy that you found your true love, bond by God alone! God is Good, God is Great!
ReplyDeleteAw, I love this post! Totally made me tear up... You're definitely blessed <3
ReplyDelete