Well, Ive been trying to think of a post for a few days now and just havnt had any brilliant ideas, or any ideas at all. So I shall just write about whats been going on, even though a whole lot hasnt really been going on.
We're almost done with school for the year! George has just a few things to finish up in English, Science, and Social Studies. He already finished with his other subjects. Its pretty amazing to know that we did a whole year of school, and what he knows I taught him! Who would have thought that I would teach someone to read? Its been gloriously raining the past few days! LOVE IT! Its not a humid rain and its not a freezing cold rain, its just perfect. My hubby thinks I have some kind of disorder because of where I was young (it rained a lot there), he doesnt like rain and thinks its so weird that I do. Anyway, I made some AMAZING chicken curry with fried rice today. It rocked if I do say so myself. I even "made up" the recipe. It was tasty. I dont usually stray from recipes nor am I good at throwing things together, so I was a bit proud of myself. Especially after trying a Rachel Ray recipe that was a total flop. I ended up dumping it, which I dont like to do but couldnt choke down a third day of the stuff. So in the garbage it went.
On Friday my hubby brought home some flowers, a card, and a donut for me <3! Hes too sweet and is so good to me. It sure was a picker upper :o) Its amazing what some flowers do to your outlook on life. I cut Blondies hair really short. Not on purpose, her hair is really straight and I kept making mistakes and fixing them and it kept getting shorter. At first I didnt know if I liked it but now I think I do, it really suits her. She has great hair, I can wash it and not brush it and put her to bed and she'll wake up the next morning with perfectly straight non tangled hair!
This may sound like bragging but Im just really proud of us. We havnt eaten out for over three weeks!! Thats a huge accomplishment. We normally eat out on Sunday after church because its easier than running around fixing lunch with grumpy tired kids. I know a crock pot could fix that problem but I always forget to plan ahead. Not anymore folks! We hope to not eat out till our anniversary (which is coming up fast) then we're going to go someplace nice to congradulate ourselves. Our pocketbook is reaping the benifits of our new plan. It makes me feel better about myself too. This is something we've been trying to do for a long time and finally it all clicked in my head that I need to plan ahead and not be lazy. So I made up a new meal plan and have stuck to it even if I didnt feel like cooking or Pizza Hut sounded amazing. It was like a band aid, rip it off fast and dont look back and thats what we've done (pat myself on my back).
My mom gave me a sewing machine and my sister and I are going to learn to sew. My sister just bought a machine yesterday. Some friends from church are going to teach us how to use them. Im pretty excited. I think some of the little crafty things you can do are so fun. One friend made Blondie some quiet people for church. The little people dont have mouths so they cant talk. She made a person for each person in our family and made a little pouch to carry them in. She even put the different hair colors for each of us. Too cute. So I want to make a set for all my neices and nephews. My sister jumped on board and decided to pick out material for me to make her some. Then she saw a sewing machine on sale and thought that she should try her hand at it. Yay! The non domestic (but getting more and more so) sisters that we are are getting together to SEW tonight! Wow, our mom has to be so proud of us.
Well, I think George only has about two more days of school left so we shall get to work!
Bye for now.
Yay! for you all, Julie! I am so proud of you for your homeschooling, your meal planning (and doing!), and now sewing with Angela. So glad Randy livened up your day with flowers =)
ReplyDeleteOh my! We DO think alike! I can't believe how similar our 2 comments were. Too funny! Good to know the Rachel Ray recipe was a flop (was it hard to find all the ingredients?), and I need to get your curry chicken/stir fry recipe! Yay to almost being done with school and what an accomplishment to have stuck to a whole year!
ReplyDelete