Friday, April 30, 2010

Curly

I was jarred out of a deep sleep by the telephone ringing... Whose calling at this time of night? I almost ignored it but saw it was my mom on the caller ID window. Hmm, its 2:00 am it could be an emergency. I croaked a "Hello?" and my mom on the other end says "You need to go over to your sisters, Curly isnt able to breathe!" Oh my goodness! Sweet and funny Curly was in trouble. My sisters hubby works third shift so shes left without a car at night. I frantically with heart pounding tried to find some sweats, then my keys, whispered to my hubby what was going on then sped to my sisters. The tank was on empty so I prayed that I wouldnt run out of gas because I had no phone on me. All the way there I was on the verge of panicking (I didnt know if she was about to die and it all rested on my shoulders how quickly she got help) I kept praying, and praying. I arrived to a puffy eyed sister and sweet Curly laying in a fetal like position on the couch and gasping for breath. Poor baby! Apparently this wasnt even bad compared to her breathing earlier. My sister had given her a nebulizer breathing treatment that helped her a bit. She opted to wait for her hubby over taking my car to the ER, since he was on his way there and Curly was breathing "better" than a few minutes ago. He arrived and they left. I slept on the couch and listened for tornado sirens (it was perfect weather for one of those) and for my sisters other two kids. Thank goodness Curly seems to be fine now. They gave her a steroid in the ER and it helped alot.

I love my little neice Curly. Shes so funny and has the most unique personality. She'll say something that if anyone else said it it would be a normal phrase. The way she says it makes us all laugh. Shes kinda chunky (we like to call her sturdy though) and with the curly hair it just adds to the package that makes up Curly. Sleep peacefully my sweet neice, I love you Hunny.

2 comments:

  1. Awe, that is so sweet! Just reading this and thinking back to last night makes me tear up! I hate that kind of stress! One of these days I swear she is going to give me a full on panic attack or heart attack. Sweet, sweet Curly - so loveable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sweet to see how much help you and Ange are to each other ~ Bless you!

    ReplyDelete