You ever have one of those days when your incredibly proud of your kids? That was my day today. I had to take Tiny in for her 18 month check-up at two in the afternoon. I was dreading it because thats right at nap time for the girls. I thought they would be grumpy and fussy, and the doctors can be pretty boring for a 7, 3, and 1 and a half year old, but the kids did excellent. The doc even complimented them and told me my kids were laid back, and the intern doc smiled at them the entire time. George and Blondie played with books on the ground together and Tiny sat on my lap and let the doc do to her whatever he needed to do. He looked at her measurements and I asked if Tinys head is still really big (she has bobble head measurements) and he said her head isnt big, but compared to her body size it is really big. That made me smile, then the intern doc says (she seemed terribly taken with my children) "Oh but you cant tell at all!" Haha! She is still my little bobble head, but thats ok, someday she'll grow into it... Right? After that the nurse came in and gave Tiny two shots and a finger poke and Tiny didnt make a peep. She didnt cry at all, the only way you could tell she had anything done to her is she breathed hard a couple of times and then just sat there. I was so shocked that I was flustered, the nurse and I cheered out loud and clapped our hands because it was totally amazing. Then we left. I took the kiddos out for ice cream to reward their great behavior. My sister and her family went with us. Blondie spilled her water mixed with some ice cream on my sister but aside from that they were so good at the restaurant too! I dont think I had to reprimand them even once. Days like this are so encouraging to me, Im not trying to brag because my kids can be naughty sometimes that is for sure. But this is a journal as well as a blog and I want to remember this day on days when the kids arent so good :o)

Our tough girl
Good job, Tiny! ;-)
ReplyDeleteWow --so brave! Can't imagine a time that either of my kids would ever do that ;)
ReplyDeleteI don't like shots! She is soooo brave!! Good job, little one!!;0)
ReplyDeleteI love hearing about your good days, too! :) Glad your kids did so well!!!
ReplyDelete