Monday, August 23, 2010

Second Trimester Bliss

After a first trimester of extreme fatigue I thought I should blog about how thankful I am that the fatigue has seemed to vanish in the past few weeks. I can make it till 11 pm when my hubby comes home and actually have a conversation with him without constantly thinking about going to bed. I also can clean the house and keep up with the kids. Its been nice.

All was good until yesterday when I really started to swell. The a/c doesnt work at church right now and it was 84 degrees in the sanctuary... Uggghhh! I looked at my fingers and they were about the size of hot dogs, then peeked at my feet and my toes looked like 10 little sausages. Not a pretty sight. I also started to feel pretty nauseous and had mega heartburn. We got home, got the kids in bed, then went to bed ourselves. About 1:30 I woke up and felt the urge to puke... (The rest of this may be too much info for some of you but I want you to know how incredibly sweet my husband is) The toilet that connects to our bedroom hasnt been working right. It has to be plunged everytime its flushed, and the hole thingy that you plunge is a weird shape. Im not strong enough for the plunging to do any good so my hunny has to do it all the time. Anyway, I knew I didnt have time to run to one of the other bathrooms and I couldnt bring myself to get sick in the sink so I used the toilet. Of course it didnt flush so I closed the lid, brushed my teeth, and went back to bed. My heart has been fluttering really strangely this pregnancy and the Doc told me if it didnt stop that she wanted me to call and come in. This weekend it did it ALL the time so when I got up this morning I called and they could get me in at 8:45. So I literally got up put on clothes got the kids some breakfast and ran out the door (as we live about a half hour away). I said to my hubby "I threw up last night and the toilet didnt work, sorry..." and I thought it had to be pretty gross to look at while plunging. Anyway, I went to my appointment and came home. When I got home the dishwasher was running, the bed was made, our closet was organized and I went into our bathroom and my sweet husband was on his knees scrubbing out the toilet. I thought that was so thoughtful and not to overuse this word but sweet. Let me tell you folks, it wasnt a nice looking toilet when I left, I'll leave it at that. He has such a servants heart. I love him.

So this might end up being like my third pregnancy, morning sickness the last half of being pregnant instead of the first. It does slow down the weight gain but it isnt so fun getting sick with a big belly. Other than that I really cant complain. I think I would rather have the urps than being really super tired.

4 comments:

  1. What a good hubby! So sweet :)

    Congratulations on another girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hubby does have a servants heart for sure! And when someone is willing to clean up your puke, you know they REALLY love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a sweetie! I am similarly blessed... It's sooooo nice to be married to someone who is so thoughtful and selfless <3
    BTW, I'm missing hanging out with you & your fam! We should remedy this :)

    ReplyDelete