I went in for my ultrasound yesterday. My hubby sat with me in the waiting room. Ive been completely convinced the whole pregnancy that this baby is a girl. So convinced in fact that while talking to him I said something about all three girls and George. Then promptly laughed at myself and pointed out what I said to my husband since we didnt
know yet and I had just said all three girls, like we did know. He just grinned at me and raised his eyebrows, he thinks Im so terribly funny sometimes. My mom showed up right before the appointment (she lives a long ways away so its neat she got to be there for it). We got called back to the room and I had nervous excitement about finally knowing for sure what the baby is. I laid on the table, got the warm gel squished on my tummy then laid back and watched the screen. This is our fourth baby and Ive had a lot of ultrasounds done but it never ceases to amaze me that you can watch your baby, in your stomach, on the screen. SO amazing. Anyway, we watched the baby, she showed us the heart and spine, the brain, and umbilical cord, etc. Hall baby number four is VERY active. At one point she looked like she had both hands balled into fists and was punching me! I peeked at my hubby and he had a big smile on his face. I thought he would find that amusing. Then she was ready for the gender announcement. "Its a girl, definitely a girl." Then baby girl went on to show us for sure two more times. So its confirmed three times that yes we're having another girl to add to the Hall home. I was hoping for a boy originally, for Georges sake and to keep the emotions in the home a little more stable. But I started to pray (since I was so sure it was a girl) that God would make me truly excited about a girl. You know what? I AM really excited about another little girl!
The ultrasound ended I got the gel wiped off my tummy, then we left. When we were in the hallway my hubby leans over and says "Ready for another Blondie?" (since baby was going crazy) For those of you who dont know her Blondie is our busy, emotional, lovable, spontaneous, girl who does everything to the max. Like never walking, always running. If shes happy shes happy if shes not... Well Heaven help us all. She likes to get into things, and get messy. Anyway, lets hope baby girl will be a little calmer than Blondie is.
Come January we're bringing home another little girl! I do think our little girls are cute towheaded sweeties. We'll add another to the bunch.
I thought it would be really appropriate and cute to put an ultrasound picture on here but since we dont have a scanner that wont be possible. So instead I will put some Hall kid cuteness on here.

These are the pictures that Tiny got done the other day. I think they really turned out good. I have the rest of the pictures (where the kids are looking) on facebook.
congratulations! I know she'll be a blessing to your home!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I pray that she will arrive on time and healthy!! Now comes the fun part of sorting through and picking out names.
ReplyDeleteLove the picture, but you already know that:o) She'll be another cutie or sure, but... she could be a burnette??? Now wouldn't that add some fun variety? A brown headed girl for the Halls, fun!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Congratulations! Glad God gave you peace with either gender before you found out - he did that to me with my first ultrasound, too (Zachary) when I really wanted a boy! :)
ReplyDelete