Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Family Fun

So I need to do some retracting to some statements in my last post... My husband ended up finding out Friday night that he had the weekend OFF!!!!!! He came home and said that the company didnt want to pay double time to everyone so they ordered product from another plant. Fine with me! We spent some much needed family time together this weekend. Also, I asked how many days in a row he worked and it wasnt as many as 20, I cant remember how many he said though.

Our church annually has an extravaganza at the property of a man in our church. We have a hog roast, hayrides, theres a shooting range, a pond, and games, fun stuff like that. The kids went on like 4 hay rides and wanted to go on more, but their pregnant mommy was NOT going to be climbing onto the high trailer and some friends and R had already gone with them a couple times, so four it was... We ate some goooooood food and visited with friends. That night I saw the best fireworks display Ive ever seen. I think it was the best others had seen too. Some men in the group were screaming like little kids during it. I couldnt stop laughing because they were so good! I do like fourth of July and all that goes with it, fireworks and such, but I dont get so excited about them that I laugh. That being said, these had that effect on me. I felt like starting a standing ovation when they ended. They were that good.

We got together with friends Sunday afternoon and then some more friends after church in the evening. The kids went for two days without naps and going to bed late, sooo... We got to sleep in this morning!! R so far is working his normal 8 and a half hours, thank God. With Thanksgiving coming up Im not holding my breath that he'll get home at 11 though. Hoping but not expecting ;o)

Our church went through a book study this past summer, called "When Sinners Say I Do". With going on vacation, visiting family, filling in as substitute Sunday school teachers we missed a lot of the classes. Im reading through it right now and have to recommend it for my followers to read. Its a really good book about marriage and our sin natures, taking care of our sin and behavior before we expect our spouse to change theirs.

Anyway, Ive got some hungry kiddos so I should start supper. Thanks for the words of encouragement to those who commented last week. Nothing like a crazy work schedule to make me REALLY appreciate my husband. Hes so sweet, I love him.

One of these days I'll have pictures on my blog, I keep forgetting to ask R how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment