Friday, November 12, 2010

Cant Make the Call

Does anyone else have my problem?
I feel bad about things, that I really shouldnt feel that bad about.
I didnt realize how bad I was until I started going regularly to the chiropractor about two months ago. I found one in a neighboring town that took both my insurances and so I went. First visit I liked him, but I soon began to figure out that he must be new to the business. My neck sometimes would feel tighter after I left and he only worked on the one thing I went in for. When he starts to adjust my neck I start to tense up because I know its going to hurt. But I keep going, because Im "to polite". My sciatica's really started flaring up last week. When I was pregnant with Tiny I went to one in the city we lived in at the time (about a 35 minute drive from where we live now, thats why I tried someone else this pregnancy). He did great work to them. Hes also a Christian! I decided to pay him a visit yesterday, and wow, when he cracked my neck I didnt feel pain and he worked on my sciatica's and carpotunnel, and it didnt hurt! He said to come back in a week. So I went up to the desk, started to make an appointment for a week, and saw in my calender that I had an appointment with the other chiropractor on that day... Did I make the new appointment and cancel with the other guy? No, I made an appointment for a couple of days after the other appointment. So Im going to both. Because I feel to bad to call and cancel with chiro #1. Pretty sad huh? I wouldnt mind canceling and not going back to the first but he doesnt have a secretary so I would have to talk to him. Hes very nice, just not real great at his job...
Please tell me someone else does things like this...

7 comments:

  1. I used to - until I figured out that very few people ever considered me in the same way I considered them.....
    If I had to cancel with #1 I wouldn't even give a reason, just say I can't make the appointment and will call again if I need to, without any explanations. It works most of the time.
    One of the hardest things I ever had to do was to cancel with a new music teacher because the kids (and I!!) didn't like her at all..!! I tried to give a mild explanation, and she took it ok, but I took about two weeks to get over it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be worse but I'm starting to do better. I think I would have done the same thing. Then after seeing Chiro #1 again...I would say that I forgot my day timer and that I would get back to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally understand that...I'm still worried about which OB to see regulary, even though they're in the same practice and I know they don't care where I go! Haha...yep...I'm bad at that,too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, you CAN pick up the phone on Monday and call and cancel with him. (I like Felicity's suggestion above.)
    I would NOT go to a chiropractor I did not trust.
    Just Do It. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know what you mean and how you feel! I would definitely cancel, but not without guilt. Just don't set up another appointment if you do end up going back to that chiropractor:o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. over from Heidis blog :)

    I do stuff like that all the time... but NEVER NEVER NEVER if someone is messing with my neck wrong.

    We're talking a chiropractor here. All your joints, nerve endings and the like. There is just no room for politeness with my health.

    Polite with letting him go and avoiding confrontation- yes. Going to someone who hurts me? Nope. Bring some cookies if you feel terrible.

    But yes, I had something similar with a massage person. She was nice, it felt good and the lotion smelled nice. But I need a massage therapist who can work with spasms and just be able to tell which muscles need work. I kept coming back because i didn't want to hurt her feelings. But at $60 an hour, I finally grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I would totally do the same thing! I am way too nice sometimes! :) But you should for sure cancel! :)

    ReplyDelete