Monday, November 8, 2010

My Mom Came For the Weekend

Im sitting here snarfing down a tuna melt and trying to decide if I should take a nap... Im very tired, yet know I'll sleep better tonight if I dont. My kids are all three passed out and it would be an opportune time. My mom and my sisters mother-in-law drove out for the weekend. It was so great having my mom here, even for a short time. She has to be one of the sweetest people to walk the planet. Seriously, Im not exaggerating. Im so jealous of those who have their moms living close. Anyway, it was one busy hectic weekend, where the kids were up WAAAAAAY late and certain ones of my children dont know how to sleep in... The kids are exhausted. I literally had to help George get dressed this morning, as we had an appointment so he couldnt keep sleeping. So worth it though.
We celebrated this past week, Blondies birthday three times, my hubbys once, my nieces, and my nephews, because folks, all four of their birthdays are within a week of each other. Craziness. Blondie is going to think her birthday is everyday. Thats how she rolls. She got her beloved Jessie doll because shes obsessed with Toy Story, we also got Toy Story 3 which the kids have watched about 20 times.
My mom brought a puppy (they mate Welsh Corgi's) out with her and George played with that puppy 24/7. Which we didnt realize, but it was making Lasso (our dog) depressed because she was being ignored. We also left her outside all the time with the little poop machine (aka the puppy, we had her inside for awhile but I nixed that pretty quickly). Anyway, the other night Lasso was just sitting in the corner of the kitchen and wouldnt move. There were tonnes of people at the house for Blondie and my nieces party and usually the dog is super social. I thought it was weird but didnt think anything past that. After everyone left I tried to get the dog to come but she acted like her back legs were paralyzed. So I picked her up and felt her back and legs and she still wouldnt move them. She has a long back and stubby legs so I was concerned that something was wrong with her back. I pet her and held her till my husband got home from work. Lasso usually goes berserk when R gets home but that night she just laid on me. I told him about her not walking and he tried to get her to come to him and she wouldnt. So he pulled her collar to get her to jump off the couch and she jumped with her front paws and let her back end just thump on the ground. R looked a little worried after that. Anyway, later we finally got her to walk a few steps but she was favoring her back left leg. We decided that we should probably take her to the vet. We gave her some extra attention and even let her sleep in the living room. The next morning I carried her outside to go to the bathroom and what does the crazy dog do? She starts walking normal! What in the world? She was just trying to make us feel bad for her... Or something. Pretty pathetic.

The puppy my mom brought out. Dont let her cuteness fool you, shes a little mess making machine.
My mom left early this morning, very sad. But she's going to be coming out for the baby so hopefully it wont be to much longer and she'll be back out. Im glad that she doesnt mind traveling.
One more thing before I finish, my mom and I went to Walmart the other day and they had all these fall scented candles. We stopped to smell them and I ended up buying a Heavenly smelling apple cider one. Mmmm, it makes the house smell so fall like. Which I love because I heart fall. I mean, I really, really, heart fall. I love Thanksgiving, the beautiful leaves, the crisp air, the anticipation of the coming holidays. Love it. This candle makes it so fally in the house. Its great.

2 comments:

  1. Nice that you could have a quick visit with your Mom! Any kind of visit is a wonderful visit, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats weird about your dog. at least she is better! and I didnt know your parents breed Corgis!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete