Friday, November 26, 2010

A Thankfulness Post

Im thankful for the little pitter patter of running feet,
the loud happy screams.
Im thankful for the loads upon loads of laundry,
it means I have a growing family.
Im thankful for the stains in the carpet, ink on our walls,
and a small hole poked in our couch...
we have delightful young children that God entrusted to us to raise.
Im thankful for the cooking, and dishes that never end,
God has allowed me the privilage of taking care of the ones I love.
Im thankful for stressful trips to Walmart,
they keep me humble, my children arent perfect, we are always learning...
Im thankful for sewing buttons on my husbands work pants, and mending his coat,
he does so much for us, I love to help him.
Im thankful for the late nights, waiting for my husband to get home so we can have conversations uninterupted by little people and time to ourselves.
This means missing out on much needed sleep, but I love that we love to be with each other.
Im thankful that I get to pack a lunch for my working man,
he has a good job, and I have my man to make it for.
Im thankful for the stretch marks on my stomach, my bigger hips, and bags under my eyes,
I have (and have had) life growing in me, I am so blessed.
Im thankful most of all for a God who has saved me, a home waiting in Heaven, and loved ones there to meet me when I arrive.
I am thankful for a God who has blessed me with a man who loves me, beautiful children, a family who loves me, and parents who care.
Thank you Lord for all of these, and so much more.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this - what a great reminder to look at all of our lives the way God does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated American Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was great...you are a blessing as much as you are blessed. We serve a great God who gives us so much more than we can even imagine or deserve. Your positive perspective is breath of fresh air. I pray that God allows our paths to cross again soon. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY sweet.... :) Such a good post, Ju! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete