Due to an extremely busy and stressful couple of weeks I almost forgot Tiny's second birthday. I knew it was coming up but the day could have easily slipped by without any of us realizing what day it was! We remembered, and had a small celebration with some family and a friend that is basically family.
Tiny has always been a little sweetheart, quiet, laid back, and shy... She can be very funny in her quietness. Tiny just kind of wraps herself around your heart and gives it a squeeze. She doesnt want to be the center of attention and doesnt mind it being on other people. If George and Blondie are off playing and leaving her out, shes ok with that, she just does her own thing. She made us laugh, the day of her birthday we sang happy birthday to her. The first time we sang it she looked like she was going to cry, then she ran away down the hall. The next time she made a grumpy face and started hitting Blondie while Blondie was singing to her. We thought it was funny so we sang to her again and she made more grumpy faces and ran behind the island in our kitchen... Funny girl. She definitely wasnt a fan of being sang to.
Tiny loves to be pretty. For her birthday my aunt got her a pink princess night gown that has lace on it. Tiny wanted to put it on right then and there and walked around like she was gorgeous. Shes so sweet about it with her little smile, we kept telling her "Ooooh beautiful go show, so and so..." She made her rounds showing everyone her pretty "dress".
Tiny will climb up into my lap just to be snuggled. I love kissing her all over her face, because she'll just look at me with a grin while Im kissing her, and sometimes open her mouth which then becomes a slobbery kiss for me :o) When I give her big hugs she'll slide her little arms around my neck and squeeze me back and go "Awwww, awwww" And I know Ive said this countless times on my blog but I LOVE her voice. Its low and raspy and I hear it so infrequently that when she does try to talk or sing, it makes me smile. And oh my goodness, her singing voice is too cute!
God blessed us with our quiet and shy little girl. Shes very low maintenance and Im trying to be really careful that she doesnt get lost in the shuffle of her new baby sister. She doesnt demand attention and I dont want her to ever feel left out, since shes ok with not having a lot of it.
I love you Tiny, Happy birthday Sweetheart!
Cute post!! What a sweet little blessing. I hope someday we have a little girl! I love reading about all your little blessings :-)
ReplyDeleteYou're such a good Mama, Ju! I love how you know your kids and try to apply what you know of them in how you love them. :) You're a great example of a loving Mom! :) I loved that she wore her "dress" to our house that night...soooo cute!
ReplyDelete