Shock, tears, hugs, celebrating, grief, balloons, family, friends... This is what has been going on since my last post.
My sister has gone through a week of gut wrenching anguish. Shes cried so much that her eyes are swollen... Yet Ive never seen her look so beautiful. All week I would look at her and she would seem almost angelic with her curly hair, small stature, and tears of love for her baby boy. Shes tiny to hug, short and petite. But this week Ive seen a strength shine through her that can only be given through a REAL faith. She had strength to hold her babe one last time at the funeral, holding his hand and rubbing his chubby feet, then to place his little body into the casket. Knowing she would never hold him again. She had the strength to follow that small casket down the isle, then sit though a funeral service dedicated to her infant son. Today she had the strength to bury him. She herself with tears on her cheeks putting shovel fulls of dirt onto his grave. She had the strength to say good-bye.
My sister is beautiful. Her faith in God is even more so. God is being glorified through her example. She doesnt understand, yet shes trusting.
Wow, Ju. That was beautiful. I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face, wondering how i'd ever deal with such a hard thing. I know that God is watching over all of you and will continue to give you guys the strength you need to get through this. Angie has been such an inspiration to me and truly makes me want to be a better person.
ReplyDeleteI cannot imagine this kind of pain, and my baby isn't here yet. Still I am not surprised with Ang's grace and faith, you both had a wonderful example. I am thankful that Irene is my "spiritual mother". Praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteYou're such a wonderful sister, Ju! Ang & Jared & the kids are so lucky to have you. May God continue to bless you & your family while giving you peace during this time of such sadness. Please give Ang a big hug from me. I so wish I could give her one myself! I have really missed you all this past week, along with all the rest of our beloved church family back in Iowa. We are praying for all of you!
ReplyDelete♥...oh, you're so right, Ju...the beauty of God's grace shone through this difficult week (and will continue to do so as time goes on) and the beauty of Ange and Jared's faith truly made an impression on so many. And, I agree...I thought Ange was beautiful, too...her smile, her tears...her love for Lincoln. All so beautiful. And might I mention that her sister emanates the beauty of support and unwavering love.
ReplyDelete♥ What a shining example your family has been of what it looks like to praise and glorify God through intense pain. I pray and cry for your sister (and Judah & the family) daily.
ReplyDeleteShe has been a beautiful example through this - she is already letting God use her to encourage others, and that is so amazing to me. This was a beautiful post.
ReplyDelete