Things I love about summer:
Steamy hot days
Sweet corn
Cook outs with friends
Sunburns
Swimming pools
Bike riding
Air conditioning
Kids running around barefoot
Fresh fruits and veggies from the garden
Farmers Markets
State Fair
Vacation
Tanned skin
Flip flops
Shorts and tank tops
Being outside for hours
Eating on the deck
Popsicles
The smell of freshly mowed grass
School free days
Listening to the kids playing in the back yard
Im not ready for it to be August already... I shudder when I think about the cold cold days that are a few short months away... What do YOU love about summer?
All of the above (except sunburn!). I love fall, but find myself living in dread of what is go come in September!
ReplyDeleteMany of the same things, but especially the smell of freshly-cut lawn and the sound of birdsong on a hot afternoon. We get summer rainfall here, and I just LOVE rain!! Lucky for us our summer lasts about 7 months!!
ReplyDeleteFelicity
Summer comes a little earlier and lasts a little longer down here, even though our summer break from school does not! Love summer, but after the heat of the past several weeks we are so looking forward to some cooler temps. My poor air conditioner has worked overtime for what seems like months!
ReplyDeleteIn the winter in Iowa, you can't just send the kids outside for an hour or more and get a break yourself.. it's a huge big process and there is no relaxation involved!
ReplyDeleteThat I love about summer.
And...
Vacations
Staying in bed until 7 am as opposed to 6:45 to get them ready for school.
Watermelon
Grilling
Morning movies
i'm the opposite now that i live in an area where summer lasts far too long in my opinion! i'm already looking forward to fall (which doesn't start here till november) and getting some rain. that being said, i think i'd have a different mindset if our house had air-conditioning!
ReplyDelete