Thursday, November 17, 2011

Holding Tight

Tonight my heart is heavy. I found out that yet another marriage is barely holding on... When I heard the news my hands went cold, my legs started shaking. Shocking. Sad. Horrible.

I wanted to get home. To feel my loves arms around me. I wanted to hold on to him and not let him go.

I drove to fast. The whole drive I just kept praying, thinking, wondering why. This isnt the first one that this happened to in a short period of time. If its happened to all these couples, it could happen to anyone. They were seemingly happily married.

I walked through the door. Put the baby down and walked to my love and just held on. I told him about the couple. He was saddened as I. Why he asked? I really dont know.

Im praying for marriages. Im holding on to mine, Im thanking God for the one I have.

4 comments:

  1. I have recently felt that same heavy weight for the marriages around me. It's an interesting time of life for me to contemplate these things in my heart - seeing as I don't have a prospective boyfriend at the moment :-) But it's good to be reminded that God is my constant, who will always be faithful, even if I end up getting married we will both be very much human. It was scaring me a little, to be honest.
    But when I was able to see the reactions of the ones who were in the midst of the trial, I was greatly encouraged. Dr. Newman's quote from Family class still rings true "No matter what happens, YOU can always make the right choice." (by the power of the Holy Spirit!) So in some small way I can identify with how you feel; though I don't even know the half of it! :-)

    I hope you're encouraged though, because the first step of countering the attacks of the flesh and the devil is being aware and alert. Continue on it! I'm so grateful for your strong, godly family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep. Every "thankful" post, I only want to say, 'There but for the grace of God...'
    I'm so very saddened by the ruin of marriages, and so very thankful for my husband and our survival through the times of testing. Let me never take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely know exactly what you're saying. I hardly knew anyone who had gotten divorced or was on the brink of divorce until about 2 years ago, and now I know several 'strong Christian' marriages that have ended in divorce or are seriously struggling, it is SO sad to see Satan tearing apart our families at the very foundation. I am so burdened to pray for the strength of my marriage and others around me. Praying for you & Randy, and so thankful for others (like you) with strong marriages to look up to. :)

    ReplyDelete