I love decorating for Christmas.
The cozy feeling that comes from lit Christmas lights and a shining Christmas tree. To me it all screams, "its Christmas time!"
The kids are so cute with their excitement over plugging the lights in every morning, and asking a hundred times a day how many more days till Christmas.
BUT as the days go on the Christmas decorations start to get on my nerves.
Clutter makes me feel claustrophobic.
Christmas decorations are clutter.
Today is the day after Christmas and the decorations came down.
They are all packed up in the basement until next year.
I have to agree with you -- I need things to get put away and all that! I work up to the big stuff: the tree and decorations. Probably get to it in a few days, but it is also nice for the kids to enjoy having it up just a few more days! This time of year just goes so fast!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you about the clutter!! Our place is pretty small and the clutter was driving me nuts! It feels like the "stuff" is starting to close in around us! Aah!!!! So, even though our Christmas tree normally stays up a while, this year it came down the day after Christmas. Rare for me! But I love that now I can work on getting our place in order!! PS I LOVE Your new blog design! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I LOVE taking down the Christmas decorations! Well, that's assuming I've actually put any up -- because the clutter of it all makes me crazy, too!
ReplyDeleteHappy organizing!