Monday, January 23, 2012

The Most Pointless Blog Post EVER

Wow, its been awhile since Ive posted. Our computer crashed and until we get our tax return we dont really have money for a new one. So we're using our super slow laptop. Its old, but it works. It kind of kills motivation in blogging. I also have a couple of post ideas but they require pictures and Im not sure that our laptop could handle the program that goes with our camera. Anyhoo, there hasnt been much going on. I feel better from my nasty head cold. One day I was doing school with George and was reading my Kindle, I was soooooo tired and didnt feel well at all, but was trying to get school done. I fell asleep while reading! Ive never done that before, not even in college! I slept for about two hours on the couch coming out of my stupor periodically when one of the kids would scream or run by. R took the kids to the basement to let me sleep. When he and the kids came upstairs R had me go lay down, I slept for 2 more hours! Wow! I felt a lot better after that.

The pregnancy symptoms that remind me why I dislike being pregnant have started. Heartburn. Stopped up nose 24/7. Icky feeling like I need to eat, but all foods give me heartburn. When I cough I gag, then almost throw up. Resulting in heartburn. Tums and nose spray have become my friends again. By the way, I hate the taste of Tums SO MUCH (even the Tums Smoothies are disgusting). So when I chew a couple I have to either eat something or brush my teeth and use mouth wash to get the taste out. *Shudder*. Oh another annoying pregnancy symptom, something sounds soooooooooo good, then I put the effort into making it and it doesnt set well in my stomach or it actually tastes pretty bad. Who wants to eat those leftovers? Not me! I had that problem really bad with my second, it puts a damper on eating (which is one of my favorite pastimes). Sad.

The kids' conversation at breakfast: George "Mommy is HUUUUUUGE" Blondie "Mommy is really really HUGE!" What will they say in 6 months? Im hardly even showing! R came to my defense and said "Mommys not huge shes beautiful" Then gave me a hug and kiss :o) Im not sure what the point of their conversation was. Hopefully they were meaning Im huge, as in tall.

R's parents and sister and her family came out to celebrate a couple of birthdays. I always really enjoy getting together with them. My in-laws rock. We didnt even do a whole lot but it was just fun getting together. All the cousins love playing with each other too. Good times :o)

Seeing as this post isnt really going anywhere I think I'll close. Like I said in the title, most pointless post ever.

4 comments:

  1. Not too pointless - it was like having a quick chat with you! ;-)
    I had a lot of those symptoms too - heartburn - UGH! I lived on Gaviscon. Just before Jordan was born I considered writing an "Ode to Gaviscon"... ha ha
    I also had the cough/gag problem - especially after eating! My doctor said it was caused by the heartburn which irritates the oesophagus and makes it over-sensitive... whatever... it was terrible.
    You're so lucky to have such a kind husband :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouthwash is a great idea to get that lingering tums flavor/coating out of your mouth/throat. Brushing teeth doesn't always cut it for me so thank you for your inspiration!
    So your kids already think your huge? Haha, wow are they ever in for a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,
    Since I live so far away, reading your post is like a peek into your life! Wish there was a miracle that would help you not to have heartburn so much but . . . there just isn't. (I think if a person could come up with a miracle cure for heartburn - he would be rich!!) It is so wonderful that Randy is so sensitive to your needs. =o) He is great at doing something fun with the kids. =o) Love you and thank God for you! !! Marmee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chatty posts are still good : )

    Not sure if it will help you, but I remember eating an orange when I had heartburn - and feeling much better!
    {they're still in season - you should try it!!}

    ReplyDelete