After ten days of the flu in our house I think its safe to say we are finally over it! I ended up getting it again. The second time around was SO MUCH WORSE than the first! I havent had the throw ups since middle school (except for pregnancy related ones) and let me tell ya, it wasnt fun... Not even sips of water stayed down. After being sick all night I called my hubby when he was on his way home from work. He stopped and got donuts for the kids for breakfast and he also got me some Gatorade. Such a smart man. He helped me for awhile but since he had worked that night and had to go back to work the night of me being sick he had to sleep sometime. So after far to short of a time in my thinking, to bed he went, it was very sad... I pretty much was on the couch (or in the restroom) the whole day. Happy got two naps, I dont know if she needed them, but she was the highest maintenance kid and I was in no shape to be carrying her around and catering to her needs and demands. The kids ate the donuts for breakfast (I think Tiny ate several throughout the day) and applesauce for lunch! That was all I could manage for them. Finally I was able to put all three girls down for a nap and George played the Wii. I slept for three blissful hours. I then woke R up to help me out for the rest of the day. I took a nice long soak while he fed the kids a decent supper and then got them all ready for bed (isnt he just the best?). Longest. Day. Of. My. Life. Thankfully the next day besides being a bit queasy I felt so much better. Lord willing it will be another 15-20 years before I have to endure the throw-ups flu again!
I busted out the maternity clothes today. Yay for that, ok not really, but they are comfortable! Im waiting for the second trimester bliss to kick in... Im still nauseous all day long. I know you can eat ginger pops and things but I hate ginger and also candy is a huge food aversion right now.
We had a snowstorm on Saturday. The kids all went out and played in it. Usually in our windy, fierce-weather state its to cold to play in the snow. This year the weather has been GORGEOUS! The kids can play and not get frostbite, its been wonderful!
We're eagerly waiting for our tax return to come. Soon we will eliminate a lot of debt and hopefully next year we'll finish paying off the rest of our debt (no more school loans!!! Woop woop!)... I cant wait! Also with our tax return we will be buying a new tire for our van and getting a computer (we're borrowing a friends right now since both of ours crashed). I love tax time! Eeek, it should be here ANYTIME. Oh the excitement!
Well, theres dishes and laundry to be done, and groceries to be put away.
Praise the LORD for the flu being over!! I think I hear angels singing?! ;-) YAYYY for tax returns!!!! Kids are a HUGE blessing that way ;-) We just got ours and paid off most of our debt. We're hoping to use this year to get ahead- pay off our debt, put some in savings for when I take maternity leave, and use some of it to go to the weekend to remember. I hope yours gets there soon!!
ReplyDeleteBecause of the nature of my husband's business, we don't get tax returns... :-((
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you've finally kicked the flu bug off, and I hope it'll be gone a loooonng time from your house ;-)
P.s. You've been tagged :) http://jlrailing.blogspot.com/2012/02/eleven.html
ReplyDelete