Today was the big day!
While R and I were driving to the ultrasound I was daydreaming about how I would word my facebook status update. I wanted to make it a fun status since I thought it would be announcing we will be having our fourth girl. R and I have just expected that this baby would be a girl, always referring to it as one. We even had the perfect girl name. Anyway the ultrasound lady started the ultrasound. Both R and I saw a glimpse between the babies legs before the ultrasound tech got a good shot to announce the gender. It definitely didnt look like what the three girls had looked like. Im sure my eyes got a little big, and I wanted to wait for her to say what the baby was before I started to think that *maybe* we were having another boy! Our guess was right! He wasnt shy, he flashed us about 4 more times in the course of the ultrasound... So unless the baby had a weird umbilical cord, I dont think the baby will surprise us by being born a girl. Its pretty much for sure a boy. Anyway, as someone said on facebook, we have a sandwich now (a boy on either end). George, I do believe will enjoy having a little brother :o) A lot of Georges baby clothes got ruined when they were in storage (we had a trailer home for awhile and used underneath the trailer as storage, not the best idea because a bunch of stuff got moldy and we had to throw it away). Good excuse for me to go find some cute little boy stuff :o) Im still a little in shock, wrapping my mind around the thought of a baby boy!
Oh, we also got to see the baby in 4D (or is it 3D?)! That was fun, I hadnt had an ultrasound like that yet!
I need to go get something together for supper, just wanted to remember while it was all fresh.
How nice for George to have a lil' brother! It's amazing what you can see in those new ultrasounds.
ReplyDeleteBoys are so great! As you already know ;-) I'm sure it'll be different having a little baby boy since it's been a long time since George was a baby. But special nonetheless! The poor boy is going to be covered in bows if the girls have anything to do with it! ;-) Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYou have the opposite of what I've got - When we had 5 I had the two girls as bookends with the boys in between!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you guys!
COngrats on the BOY!! Love those ultrasound moments -- the anticipation and all!
ReplyDeleteSO much fun! -Did you know what the others were before they were born?
ReplyDeleteYes, we found out with all five of them :o) I cant handle waiting to find out, it also allows us to get things ready :o)
ReplyDeleteI think I covered the "Congratulations!" on facebook, but let me say it again. I am so thrilled for your family to get to welcome another precious boy! Have fun shopping and preparing for it. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, congratulations! I bet that moment was SO exciting. Baby boys...sigh :)
ReplyDeleteVery exciting news (old I know)! Totally anxious to see another boy baby of yours:o) Try to make sure he's a chubby one just in case I have a chubby girl!
ReplyDelete