Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Things That Make Me Happy
On Facebook theres these sites called "Swaps", they are kind of like an online garage sale. You can buy anything on there! Ive been needing some shortsleeved maternity shirts for this summer. I have a couple of them, but since I havent been enormously pregnant in the summer before (my babies have been early spring and winter babies),most of my clothes are winter ones. Anyway, I didnt want to spend very much since this will be my last pregnancy. On the swap I got 5 cute shirts for $6!! ALSO Ive been needing a new 9x13 pan really badly. I have one but its not very deep and I think its a little smaller than an average 9x13. So a lot of dishes dont all fit into it. The lady who was selling the shirts put a picture up of a beautiful green 9x13 DEEP pan! I was SO excited! The even more exciting thing? It was only $2!!!
It makes me very happy that Im 24 weeks along, 16 more weeks to go!! I'll be even more happy when I can say that Im due any day but for now I'll be excited that Im a month over half way there...
Another thing that gets me giddy are some shoes I got. Now this was not a bargain and I had HORRIBLE buyers remorse after getting them. The next day I told R that I was going to take them back. He told me if I did he would just go buy them again. So I kept them. I LOVE these shoes, they slip on, you dont have to wear socks with them (and so far they havent gotten stinky), and they look cute with shorts! This picture doesnt do them justice but here they are...
Nose spray and heartburn meds have been my lifeline. I dont like why I like them, but I would be miserable without them, so they make me happy (since I need them).
We've been rocking the menu planning for about a month now. PLEASE dont think Im showing off or that Ive got it all together. Because to be blunt, this is an area where I have failed miserably in the past. I would plan, but not stick to it. R has been writing up the menu and Ive been cooking the meals. Its been working out splendidly! I have this big calander on the fridge so I can see what I need to throw in the crockpot, or thaw out for supper.
Empty laundry baskets! Another fail area for me was keeping up on folding and putting the laundry away. Once a week I would have a huge pile and it would take all. day. long. to get done, folded, and put away. I have been doing a load when I wake up, then as soon as I hear the dryer buzz I go to the laundry room, fold the clothes and put them away. It takes 10 minutes! Mating socks is SO MUCH EASIER using this new found method :o)
Aaaaand this post is going to drive some of you nuts. Blogger switched things up and I cant find the spell check. Pardon the horrible spelling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE the maternity shirt!! So cute! And what a great deal!! Don't you just love swap sites?! I ended up getting a $70 toy for FREE off one because no one else wanted it! (Only $70 because Fisher Price no longer makes it and they jack the price WAY up on those toys. It's so silly!) Those look like the comfiest shoes!! Ahhh! Way to go on menu planning!!! I do so much better when I stick to that, plus it's so nice not to have to be thinking, shoot, what should I make for dinner?! I'm not creative at all and usually ask Josh if I'm trying to plan last minute! Way to go on the laundry too!! I need to get going on ours... :D
ReplyDeleteDidn't notice any spelling by the way ;-)
Nice that you could get such bargains!
ReplyDeleteI have problems sticking to menu planning too - the problem is that when I'm doing the planning a certain meal sounds so good, but on the actual day I don't feel like doing that kind of cooking :-/
Cute shoes! I have been eyeing those for a while and always talk myself out of it. I am beginning to think a good pair of shoes is definitely worth the price. Especially when during pregnancy! I am proud of you--sticking with your laundry and meal planning habits! Love your happy post Julie. It is positive and encouraging. (-:
ReplyDeleteYay to meal planning, laundry done, and baskets empty! Way to be motivated!
ReplyDelete