*I changed our third childs nickname from "Tiny" to "Sweets". She was petite when she was a baby but has grown into her age. Plus its a little confusing with "Happy" being younger than her. Anyway, Sweets it is.*
We had THE most busy weekend! We went to a wedding and a birthday party on Saturday. Pretty much we were only home to make a mess because of going from one thing to another. We got home really late. On Sunday we had church and then went out to lunch with friends. We were home for about 20 minutes and then had to load back up and head to the nursing home service. After that we went to Sams Club to kill some time before the evening service. We got home, didnt even brush the kids' teeth because we had to start the next morning at 6 am! R's Great Aunt (who was more like a grandma than Great Aunt) passed away and her funeral started at 10 am. We needed to be 2 hours north by 8:30 to meet up with family and head to the church. The kids were in "wonderful" moods, as Im sure you can imagine... My kids need naps everyday (at least the three youngest) and are in bed between 7-8 every night. So the busy days of no naps and late nights were taking their toll. They snapped out of it when they saw all their little cousins though, except Happy who was SO SUPER tired. When shes tired she doesnt stop moving or making noises. For the funeral I almost stayed in a side room with Happy because she was squirmy and loud. I didnt want to look rude though. I thought I could always slip out if Happy got to loud. So I filed out into the auditorium to be seated. Behind me were all our kids and the cousins, then R. It looked like we had 8 kids VERY close in age (with one on the way!) *snicker*... I realized my plan wasnt going to work. I wasnt going to be able to slip out. The rows were REALLY narrow and I was on the far end which means I would have had to walk down the center aisle to leave! There was no way I could squeeze past legs in the narrow aisle, with my belly and the baby to get out the other way... And unfortunately Happy was obnoxious, the ENTIRE service and I was stuck. R said he noticed her being loud at the beginning (I knew this by unspoken looks we kept giving each other over the tops of the childrens heads), but said that he didnt notice her later. Well, I most certainly did. I had to entertain the child every.single.second of that service. I didnt want a loud baby ruining a memorial of a really neat woman. So I let her pull stuff out of my purse, drop stuff on the ground, which she expected me to pick up instantly or she would make really loud noises. She played with my phone, paper, you name it. FINALLY the service ended and we got to leave. I was fanning myself with a bulletin by the end. Entertaining a tired, loud 16 month old is hard work! We had a luncheon after and I said to my sister in law and brother in law that the kids were really annoying during the funeral (the other kids were pretty good, busy but good, mostly Happy was annoying). My brother in law points to my stomach and says "And you guys keep having more!" Haha! Why yes we do ;o)
Yesterday I had my glucose screening. I passed! No gestational diabetes for me! I wasnt sure if I would pass or not, since the last two babies had really low blood sugars (which is normally a sign of gestational diabetes, which I havent ever had). Hopefully this little guy will have an easier transition than his sisters. I really really dont want to do the NICU thing again. It totally ruins the hospital experience (which I enjoy, no responsibilities except loving on the new baby). Plus my mom might not be able to get here right after baby is born. If she cant be there it will make taking care of the kids at home and being with the new baby (in the hospital) really difficult.
Yesterday we moved Blondie and Sweets into the same room. Lets just say, they enjoy sharing a room a little to much. After two hours of them goofing off and getting into trouble, Sweets got moved to another room for the night :o) George wasnt to thrilled about changing rooms. He did have a gigantic room all to himself. He got moved to one of the smaller rooms and Blondie and Sweets are sharing his old room. Im trying to think of something nice to do to Goerges new room to make it special for him. Even though he hasnt been especially happy about the room swap he has had a very good attitude about it.
Well, I need to go. Hope you all have a lovely day!
That's such good news about the blood sugar!! I'm really glad for you.
ReplyDeleteHaving a cranky baby in church is just awful! I break out into a sweat if I know I can't get out easily... Luckily Jordan is getting better.
We had to swap kids around a few times. I feel really bad doing it to them, but it all works out in the end.