Monday, July 23, 2012

Things We're Learning

The importance of keeping an overnight bag packed in the vehicle. 
Hospitals can be very depressing places.
I get so weary of my little girl getting poked and prodded ALL. THE. TIME.
I can not allow myself to start looking to the future and all that Taylor will go through.  It makes me worry and cry.
A new motto that goes through my head almost every minute is "One day at a time Lord, one day at a time",
I absolutely LOVE normal boring days at home.
My moms help can never be repaid.
Without her here, I really dont know how we would juggle all that we've been dealt.
Our church family has been SO very encouraging and supportive.
We cannot believe how generous people have been to us.  Totally overwhelmed with love.  Even from people we dont know.
We celebrate the little things, like Taylor taking a bite of food.
Watching our little girls hair fall out was a very rough day for me.
I cried several times.
I kept it in a zip lock bag.
I will not allow myself to wallow in discouragement.
I know if I start down that road, I will have a very hard time getting off it.  I purpose in my mind to trust, to enjoy today.
We are learning to have a voice and be our little girls champion, especially my husband.
I am amazed that just hugging my hubby seems to give me strength.
That I know what true exhaustion feels like.  Ive gone to college, have had 4 (now five!) newborns and have never been as tired as I have been these last few weeks.
Songs sooth my soul.
We have such a cute little baby who is stuck in the NICU.
Cant. Wait. To bring that little guy home.
Dreams of getting a family picture taken before Taylors hair fell out came to an end Saturday.
At least we will be able to get one as soon as the baby comes home, hair or no hair.
Im learning to roll with the punches.
Im learning what REAL trust in God is. 
The hardest thing ever is to trust him with my child.
Im learning what I can do to encourage someone else who is going through a difficult time.
(We have Taylor sleeping in our room right now, to watch for fevers and such.  One night after a rough day for Taylor, R had pulled the crib right beside the bed and was holding her hand as she went to sleep.  Super sweet.)
Im learning that my hubby rocks even more than I thought he did before all this happened.

 

3 comments:

  1. We have learned the same thing about the hospital bag. So true! It seems like we are walking a very similar path. Our daughter was diagnosed the 22nd of June. I've found it to the be most heartbreaking and hopeful journey. My prayer is that a year from now and even longer I would still be able to bless His name, not be bitter and recieve His plan with an open hand and willing feet. I'd love to connect with you samanthaleealvarado at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, You also rock! You are such an inspiration for all of us reading this. I admire you (and your family's) closeness with God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me cry Julie - Especially when I hit the end and read about how you are learning to REALLY trust in God. And just everything. I want to be a mom like you. (When it comes time for that :-) Thanks for being honest. I love you and your family. Praying for you guys whenever God brings you to my mind.

    ReplyDelete