This is a bit late, but heres a year in review post :)
Last year at this time were were still totally ignorant to the ever growing tumor in our little girls tummy....
Last year at this time we were eagerly anticipating baby number five, that was due to arrive in the summer....
Last year I took Tay to the ER for a bad case of croup. I thought THAT was bad. Unbeknownst to me much, MUCH worse was in our future.
Last year we were enjoying our little family, our perfect family, our "healthy kids".
Last year I didnt know how strong I would become.
Last year I knew faith, but I had never had to walk completely by faith.
Last year I knew R and I were pretty solid in our marriage. I didnt know that in a few months we would cling to each other.
Last year my biggest worry was trying to lose weight and keep up on laundry.
Then I learned what gut wrenching pain was...
This year I am thankful for my laundry. It means Im home and Im doing normal family chores.
This year we will battle for our daughters life for 9 more months.
This year begins the rest of our lives worrying about Taylors caner coming back.
This year I will work on learning to leave it all in Gods hands. I will be learning that worrying about caner coming back wont stop it from coming back... So why worry right? Easier said than done.
This year I will get through today, and then get through today again, and then get through today again. I will be enjoying the simple things in life along the way.
This year I am planning the biggest celebration EVER. Taylors "end of treatment party" is going to be EPIC. You want to be there.
This year, we are a family of 7.
Some blessings that have come from cancer?
I have a much much deeper appreciation for the, joy in the everyday.
I believe our young family has become much closer through this.
Our kids have been in "isolation" because we are trying to keep Taylors weak immune system free of infection. Our kids are each others best friends and only playmates.
I find myself getting down and playing with the kids more often than I used to.
R and I are much closer to each other.
My faith has been deepened. Our faith has.
We have been continually humbled by the generosity of others, sometimes complete strangers.
Ive made some pretty cool new friends.
I am learning how to be a blessing to others who are going through hard times.
Im hoping that next years year in review will include "We finished Taylors treatment plan, she is cancer free and we got her port taken out in December!"... Wouldnt that be cool?!
I love to read about how God is using this huge trial to bring you closer to Him and to each other. We are praying for you all daily and know He is going to get all the glory. My kids and I watched the video of Taylor walking tonight 3 times. They all wanted to see it. I'm glad she got some extra time at home before the next step.
ReplyDeleteI love this post, Julie! Beautifully written, it captures the "before" and "after" pic of 2012 so perfectly. I should post something like that too, because many things have changed for me and I'm not sure that I've ever written it out online yet. But anyway, thanks for sharing. I want to hear about that EPIC party! Maybe drive out there for it ;-) or at least send a card....
ReplyDelete((Julie)) Just a hug for you!! Such a testimony you have.
ReplyDelete