Friday, February 12, 2010
Two random things that Im thankful for
While walking around the house today my poor feet were like blocks of ice. I looked for my slippers but found only one :o( Then my sweet husband helped me pick up the house (we have an open dorm sort of thing today for people to see the renovated apartments) and he found my other slipper! So that is one of the two things that made me happy today. Slippers for my cold feet. Then while getting my little girls dressed I thought to myself, how fun is this? I just LOVE dressing my girls in matching outfits. They arent twins you say, well let me tell you this, my sister and I dressed like "twins" off and on till we got married. Now, when the outfits work or on special dates we like to dress like our husbands. Thats the second thing that is a thankful blessing for me today, having two little girls to dress in matching outfits. I remember when I was pregnant with my son I said that if I had a girl next I wanted to have another girl so that they could be sisters and best friends like my sister and I. Well, best girl friends because our hubbys are our best friends, you know, now that we're married. So there you have it, slippers are my friends and dressing like your sister is oh so much fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sisters are the best!
ReplyDeleteAnd it's so fun to share clothes with them. I have two sisters getting married this summer- it's so special to continue our relationships as adults and with the guys they chose. Our lives are so much richer because of family!
And slippers rock too. Mine are pink flip flop ones from Bath and Body -- they really need to retire, to tell you the truth.
Welcome to blogging! It's a blast. Be sure to check out Kevin and Amanda! Best blogging tips anywhere! Blogger U is a great blog, too- I can send you the links.
Do send the links! I do need tips, Im new at this and Im not computer savvy at all. Thanks for popping over and checking out my blog!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogging world, Julie! Can't wait to read more of your thoughts! ;-)
ReplyDeleteCute blog! I too blog as my journal and love to read others as well. I'm so glad I can keep even more in touch with you and Angie now! Feel free to check my blog out too.
ReplyDelete-Darla
Oh, I agree with Hayley...Kevin and Amanda (.com) is a great blog helpful for design and fun stuff like that!
ReplyDeleteI,too, am a fan of slippers! So glad your hubby found your other one...
And I'm with ya on the sister bit. Growing up with 4 younger sisters, I can say it's SO much fun being sisters. I hope Josefine gets to enjoy that blessing someday, Lord willing!
And I thank God for your kids, too, Ju! :)
Be Blessed!
Sarah