Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Remember Micah



I remember his smile...
I remember his beautiful blue-green eyes
I remember him teaching me to ride a bike
I remember him letting me drive his three wheeler when I was 5 or 6
I remember wanting him to be proud of me...
I remember him giving my sister and I basketball pointers
I remember him coming to our games
I remember going to his games
I remember how he liked to tease, tease, tease
I remember him giving the best gifts, just to show he cared
I remember enjoying the ocean waves with him
I remember our last family vacation together
I remember his long legs in the back of our family station wagon
I remember the wonderful nickname he gave me, Hairy
I remember him pulling my leg hairs then him helping me convince mom to let me shave
I remember wanting him to be proud of me...
I remember him always smiling
I remember how much he could eat, yet stay so skinny
I remember his brotherly advice
I remember him twirling his hair while he watched t.v.
I remember him pinching me with his toes
I remember him always being in control of the remote
I remember thinking I had the coolest brother in the world
I remember thinking I was pretty lucky to have a brother like him
I remember how he never wore a shirt while in the house
I remember Thanksgiving with him
I remember saying good bye the last time we saw him
I remember watching him till I couldnt see him anymore with tears running down my face
I remember the last time we talked on the phone
I remember wanting him to be proud of me...


I remember the day that I found out my brother was with Jesus
I remember crying in my dads arms
I remember wondering if I told him "I love you" on the phone
I remember the week of the funeral and lots of family
I remember laughing and wondering how I could laugh when I was so sad
I remember the knots in my stomache as we waited for the funeral day
I remember lots of flowers mixed with the smell of fermalduhide
I remember seeing his handome still form
I remember writing a letter to him and tucking it down in his coffin
I remember driving to the cemetary and the feeling of dread
I remember leaving him in the lonely praire
I remember being afraid that I would forget

(his body was shipped over from Hawaii, it arrived with lots of flowers and lei's)

I remember recieving my graduation/birthday gift from him that very same day
I remember sobbing into my uncles shirt
I remember thinking about the "there will never be's"

(Micah in the brown coat with his two friends)
There will never be a day that I'll see his face again
There will never be a time where I'll meet his wife
There will never be little Micahs running around
There will never be a day when he'll see me as a woman
There will never be a day that he see's me walk down the aisle to the man I love
There will never be a day when he meets my children, he'll never wrestle with them or play with them
There will never be another time to tell him I love him, and that Ive always been proud of him
There will never be an "all of us together" again, he'll always be missing in the laughter, the family pictures, and the hoilday get togethers

There are things that Im thankful for
Im so glad that I have hope in a Savior
Im so glad that we will see him again in Heaven some day
Im so glad that I have no regrets
Im so glad that all us kids didnt fight
Im so glad that although I may not have said I love you the last time we talked on the phone, I know I had said it to him many, many times before
Im so glad that I had him for a brother


Micah March 27th 1975- May 31 1998
Until we meet again big brother

5 comments:

  1. Weird? I thought I commented on this already? Anyway you did such a great job in writing this - I am so impressed. Brought back a lot of memories and I definitly had to dab my eyes dry afterward:o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness. Ju, there are tears just streaming down my face! This is a beautiful post. I wish I could just give you a big hug. You know, this is actually really weird, but the other day for some reason I can't remember I was thinking about how you got your graduation gift from Micah the day you found out about his accident, that it was a backpack, right? Anyway, I honestly don't know why it came to my mind, but even then I kinda got choked up thinking about it...thinking about you girls, my dear friends and your mom and dad and the loss you suffered and the testimony you have been...ok...I need to go blow my nose now. :) &hearts!!!!!

    Oh, I just noticed...his birthday is coming up. I'm sure you'll enjoy celebrating all the wonderful memories you have on that day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - I am sitting here crying my eyes out - so many memories. Thank you for your tribute to him. You did a fantastic job expressing your heart. I love you and am proud of you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, that was absolutely beautiful! He will always be the best and coolest big brother to you! I remember him too! ;-)
    Sending Hugs and Love,
    Danna

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautifully expressed, Julie! Micah sounds like he was such a special, special brother!

    ReplyDelete