After a LONG and record breaking winter 50-60 degree days make you want to dance in the sunshine and its close to 80 today. I needed to write a post about why I love spring time. So here it is...
I love getting the bikes out and going for family bike rides. I love spending the time with my husband, getting excersize and having fun, putting our cute little girls in the bike trailer and having our boy ride alongside us. Feeling the fresh air on our faces and grinning because THIS is our favorite family activity. We rode to the park today with the kids and it was so nice out that we got HOT! Wow, how strange that feeling is :o) I also love spring because I like going on walks with the kids. The other day we went on an at least 3-4 mile walk. George rode his bike and I had Tiny in my sling (who didnt feel so "Tiny" by the end of the walk!) and I pushed Blondie in the stroller. It was completely invigorating. I think the kids thought so too. Tiny got hungry (of course) half way through, luckily I had some snacks in the diaper bag. Aside from that there wasnt any bored fussing because this was the first time we had been out, out to enjoy the weather since the long long winter started. Yesterday my sis, a friend, and I went on a walk together, there were nine kids and three adults. Im sure it looked like we were day care workers to people passing us! Blondie ran almost the whole way, Im thinking maybe she'll have the jogging skills that her mommy lacks?! Oh, on a side note, I did jog yesterday because George and my friends boy went way far ahead of us and couldnt hear us yelling to stop so I volunteered to run and catch up with them. It was a little furthur than I thought so I got a nice jog in, and yes I did feel a bit like I was going to puke by the time I caught up with the boys... Anyhoo, another thing I love about spring is being able to go out to the car and buckling the kids into their carseats without my fingers getting frostbitten. Its also nice WALK to the car and not sprint because its so cold and windy. I like that I dont have to pray fervantly that my husband wont go off the road on his way home from work because of a blizzard. Looking out the window and seeing GREEN grass instead of snow everywhere makes you want to stare out the window a little longer. Opening the windows in our house, feeling the breeze, and hearing the birds chirping is a sweet sound. When its time to go out I love just putting a sweatshirt on the kids instead of a sweatshirt, coat, hat, boots, and gloves :oD This is a BIG love, not scraping windows while its snowing and cold!!! Lifting my face to the sunshine and feeling the warmth, Mmm, who doesnt love that? Reading a book in the grass while the kids play on the playground... Spring has sprung in the midwest and it is LOVELY!
Next year Im going to be careful not to wish for a white Christmas...
I love springtime, too! I think we are having winter again - since we didn't get very much snow this past winter!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree sister! LOVE the nice weather, so refreshing!!! Looking forward to future walks together, bike rides, slash park fun, and everything else that summer involves.
ReplyDelete