Saturday, March 13, 2010

Whats Going On

I must report since I said I would on the 30 Day SHRED (thank you Sarah, I had slash there :o)) so far... Im a bit dissapointed to say that I havnt lost ANY weight. Ive actually gained some! Even though the scale isnt what I wanted I have tonned up. My arms, legs, and stomache dont feel as jiggly. My hubby says maybe its muscle. I do feel more energized and I think I look better, so tell me is it just something people say to make you feel better, can muscle weigh so much more than fat that you gain weight when you excersize? Does anyone who is reading this know? I also have completely weaned Tiny as of Monday so that could play into it as well. I need to work on my eating habits now. When I nurse I basically eat whatever I want, I cant do that when Im not nursing.

Tiny had been a little fussy butt for a few days and she was pulling on her ears. I took her into the doctor to see if she had an ear infection and come to find out she has hand, foot, and mouth disease! I felt like a super obervant mom when the doctor pointed out two blisters on her little hand that I had no idea were there (very sarcastic) she also said she has one on her throat. Thats why she isnt eating very good, it hurts to swallow. I think shes had it for awhile because she probably got it from some fevers that she had a couple of weeks ago. Im sorry for those of you who have been in contact with my baby and also the ones that have their kids in the same nursery at church! It is very contagious so if your kids develope blisters on their hands and feet you know who to blame! There is no medicine for it and it should run its course in 7-10 days. Im thinking shes had it for several days so far so hopefully we'll be blister free soon.

We rented the DUMBEST movie the other day. It was "Where the Wild Things Are" My husband and I suffered through the entire thing because there had to be some kind of plot or point to the movie, even if it was at the very end. But no, we wasted an hour and a half of our life sitting there watching it. Two things I didnt like 1: the little boy was VERY naughty, he bit his mom, told her he hated her and was a big fit thrower (this is supposed to be a kids movie, Im so glad MY kids were in bed) he also lied to all the monster things and told them that he was a king and went on to weave an even bigger lie to them to prove he WAS a king. One of the other monsters also had really big temper tantrums several times in the course of the movie. 2: It DIDNT HAVE A POINT! There was nothing to the movie, the dialoug was weird, you didnt completely know what was going on the entire time. I have no idea how it became such a hit, no idea at all.

Im excited to report that the snow is almost all gone!! A little sad to report that the predicted flooding because of all the snow is not looking good... Looks like things could be like the floods of '08, as neat as it was to see, I feel so bad for all the people who lost their homes and of course the deaths from the floods.

Happy Saturday everyone, I hope you were able to sleep in later than I did! BUT I did get a nap so I can pretend I slept in right?!

2 comments:

  1. It IS true. Muscle DOES weigh more than fat. And if you're putting on muscle over the fat and not changing eating habits as much, that'll play in. NOT that I'm and expert, or am even good at ANY of that, BUT, I have heard lots of things over the years...it's time to apply it for me! :/ Also...it took me forever to think of what the 30 day 'Slash' really was...haha, it was stuck in my head and I couldn't think of the word 'Shred!' Funny...I think Slash is a good term, too...like slashing that number on the scale! Haha! :) Anyway, I'm also getting down and serious about wieght loss...I mean, SERIOUS. I signed up for the Biggest Loser Club and got Jillian's cardio workout (not the shred). So...we'll see what happens!

    I hope it works out to go on a walk today! I'll give you a call, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you, what you're up to - sorry your little one is sick! :( Z has a bad cough right now, so I understand. :( Congrats on the weaning, and hope you will be making a fun announcement before long! :)

    ReplyDelete