Thursday, April 8, 2010
George Accepts Christ
A glorious thing happened after church on Wednesday night. Our son accepted Christ as his Savior. Ive thought hes been close for awhile but didnt want to push him into a false commitment. Hes easily influenced and likes to please so I just prayed and waited. During Kids 4 Truth Wednesday night I decided that on the way home from church I wasnt going to listen to the radio or talk to my mom on the phone, I was going to talk to George about what Christ did for him on the cross. We were talking and George says "Tell me about Hell" so I said it was hot, like the fire when I accidentally start something on fire in the kitchen. I also said that theres only crying and sadness. In Hell there is loneliness. I also said it would be really scary and painful and dark. He looked frightened and almost like he was going to cry. Then he said "tell me about Heaven!" So I said it would be very happy, there would never be any crying. I said we would sing and worship Jesus. I also said thats where me and Daddy would be someday. He got a huge smile on his face and said thats where he wanted to go. I went over with him, what do we need to do to go to Heaven, "Believe in Jesus!" He said while pointing his finger in the air. "Why did Jesus die on the cross?" "For our sins!" "What are sins?" "Bad things" "Whats some sins that you've done?" "Be mean to my sisters, eat cake while your sleeping" ;o) So then I told him he needs to ask Jesus to forgive his sins to go to Heaven. I asked him, "Do you want to ask Jesus to forgive your sins and go to Heaven someday?" He got a huge smile and sparkly eyes and said "Yeah!" When we got home I got the girls in bed and on the couch my son asked Jesus to forgive his sins and he told Jesus that he wanted to go to Heaven someday. Such a precious blessing to witness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Julie, what a precious blessing. Truly. Thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteSuch an important, special, and significant desicion he made!So excited for you and George:o)
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord!
ReplyDelete"A glorious thing" indeed! :)
SO EXCITING!!! :) Congratulations! :)
ReplyDelete