Tonight Im not going to church. I have a sore throat, sore ears, and my nose is draining into my throat. The sickness came on out of no where one minute I felt fine and the next I felt horrible. I think it may be due to lack of sleep. Tiny has had the flu thats not out of the mouth for about a week. She hasnt been eating anything so shes been waking a lot during the night because shes hungry and also waking from dirty diapers. Its been so bad that she goes number two while sleeping. Poor little thing. Thankfully she has been wanting to drink and the Doc said to keep her hydrated. Tonight she had some applesauce and part of a peanut butter sandwich which is more than shes eaten combined for like three days. Shes been very needy since shes been sick. Ive been carrying her around in my sling whenever we go places so that my hands can be free because she doesnt want to be put down. As much as I like to cuddle with her it has been getting a little old.
George has been a lot braver lately. Hes always been a bit uncoordinated but hes suddenly become a climber and into throwing balls and jumping and all the things little boys like to do. Hes been a monkey at the park, doing the monkey bars, hanging upside down, all kinds of stuff. I think his ability caught up to his body. Anyway, he climbed way high on a rope web at the park yesterday. He started to fall but caught himself, in the process he skinned his back up pretty good. In the past he would have cried but he just showed me, then shook it off and went and played again! Unfortunately when we got home I sent the kids into the house while I broke down the stroller and George was waiting for me at the door of the apartment building. Hes a polite little guy and likes to hold doors open for me. I saw an old friend from college and was chatting a bit and heard a bunch of screaming and thought Blondie and George were fighting. I even said "Wow my kids are going crazy!" My sis was at the apartment because we were going to watch the Biggest Loser together. All the sudden I heard her say "Ju, his fingers were stuck in the door!" He had his middle finger stuck in the hinge of the door and couldnt get it out! Luckily my sister came out to see what the commotion was about and saw him standing there screaming and helped him get loose. Bad mommy moment. Anyway, I got my fingers shut in the door a few weeks ago and I cried. Im embarrassed to admit it but I did. So I was able to sympathise with him. Poor guy.
Blondie, well which of the millions of stories should I tell about her? She is way into Astro Boy right now. We went to Toys R Us a while back to let George spend some birthday money. I was going to buy her a little toy since he was getting a bunch of presents. Out of ALL the toys at Toys R Us she desperately wanted a little Astro Boy. Desperately. I even tried to talk her into getting a Littlest Pet Shop toy (I think they're really cute) but she wanted the Astro Boy. That thing has only left her hand when we go to church. She eats with it, sleeps with it, plays with it, talks to it. Its her favorite. One of my friends told me they had Astro Boys that didnt move at the Dollar store (her first one does move). We went and there were a few left so we got her one. The other night her cousins came over and she misplaced both of them and we couldnt find the dumb things ANYWHERE. She had several emotional meltdowns over it. She took a nap and as soon as she got up she was talking about her Astro Boys. Oi. So I was like, you know what I dont want to deal with this anymore, we're going to Toys R Us and Im getting her another. Its worth the $5 and gas to go so she'll stop talking about them. They had the Astro Boys on clearance! I got a bigger one so that it wont get lost when she's sleeping and wont be misplaced as easily (I have to often look under her bed to find her Astro Boys after naps and bedtime). Well what I didnt realize was his chest lights up very bright when you push his belt... Annoying. So that night she kept messing with it and I took it away. She cried and wouldnt go to sleep so I gave it back and told her if I catch her pushing the light I would take it away and not give it back. This was at 10 and my kids go to bed at 7. I thought she went to sleep, my hubby got home and we went to bed. At 3 in the morning I woke up to a blue light moving around in the hall, Blondie was walking around using her Astro Boy as a flashlight! Oh my word. I went and found a screwdriver opened his back and popped the batteries out. I let her have it back, and put her back to bed. She was awake again at 6:45, I thought she might sleep later since I couldnt garuntee that she even went to sleep! I really wonder if she slept that night. Oh, and we found the little Astro Boys, so now she has been carrying around three of them. My cousins class was doing a childrens observation thing and her teacher asked if my kids could go to it. Today was the day, Blondie was outside running around kicking a ball and my cousin says to me "is there a super hero that shes imitating when she does this?" and showed me the pose, I think Blodie was trying to imitate Astro Boy. Oh my, what a very weird child I have... Heres another Blondie saying, tonight when we were praying at supper George, Blondie and I were holding hands. Blondie prayed first and said, "thank you for playing, eating, making a circle with our hands... Not Tiny, just me..." In a slightly 'Im better than Tiny because we're holding hands and shes not' kind of voice. Oh my, that girl, shes a crack up sometimes.
The "exciting news" that I mentioned before is coming along :D No we arent pregnant if thats what your wondering, its some other news that I cant tell yet. Very very pumped! I'll let you know as soon as I can. Im bursting to tell but cant yet.
As for other news going on here I found a good menu planning that works great for us. If your wondering what we do you can ask, it would be very boring to type out. Aside from that there isnt a whole lot going on. Oh, my parents are coming out in about three weeks! Yay!
Well, this is long and I need to start getting the kids ready for bed.
Hope you can get some sleep and feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteReading this made me giggle! But poor little George with his finger caught in the door. . . made me sad. Blondie is a hoot - three Astro Boys! Wow! Hope you will be able to get some sleep tonight. Hopefully Tiny will eat enough to help her sleep through the night! Sure do love you!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't remember asking? Where did you find the little Astro Boys at? Were they in the covers on the top bunk? Hope George's finger is feeling better and that Tiny continues to regain some interest in her food!
ReplyDelete