On Saturday we went garage saleing, we had our Suburban FULL of people, there were more people than seats... A neighboring town had a city wide garage sale so we all piled in and checked out the sales. We got almost everything we wanted, such cheap great deals, except for a deep freeze. So we hope to find one at another city wide sale next weekend. It was SO COLD out though, my hubby needed to take a load home since our vehicle was full then come back and pick a few of us back up. So he and my mom took the kids and the load then came back. We were SO cold that we found a family from our churches house and invited ourselves over! My fingers were white because of the frigid wind, she made us some apple cider and only then did my fingers thaw out.
On the way out the door that same day my hubby said to pick up the matching chairs to our table. We got our table about a year ago and kept thinking that we would find chairs elsewhere but really the place we got our table was the cheapest around. My hubby has been working crazy overtime because of the time of year and some other reasons that are kind of boring details, so we have the money right now and decided to get them. They look SO NICE in our kitchen! We were using folding chairs before. We love having people over so now we'll have the seating for everyone. Anyway, the point of my story is coming, my mom and I were both pushing a shopping cart and we had to put the chairs in them plus one of the workers had a big flat bedded cart thingy. Blondie wanted to sit in the very bottom and kept putting her hands on the ground. I told her not to and promptly didnt think about it anymore in the rush to get stuff bought because my nephews birthday was that afternoon. All the sudden my cart stopped and I thought the wheel was stuck on a rock or something, I pushed harder, and Blondie screamed and I looked down. This isnt a story for a queasy stomach, so stop reading this paragraph if you do have one. Blondies fingernail was just hanging there and bleeding! Ahh, I scooped her up and kept telling her not to look at it. I ran over to the pharmacy and asked them if they had something, oddly enough he said they didnt. So I went to the customer service desk. A lady standing there looked at Blondies finger and went "Uggh!" covered her eyes and looked away. The workers were very nice, they sprayed something on it then put a band aide on it (which almost made me puke) and got her and George some M&M's. After her finger was covered she stopped crying, I couldnt believe it, I would have been crying still three days later! After our big scene we paid for our purchases and left. I dropped my mom off at my sisters for the b-day party (she took George and Tiny with her) and headed to the Urgent Care with Blondie. Her hands were filthy so I wanted to make sure that it was all cleaned out. They did a couple x-rays to make sure her finger wasnt broken then he just put a band aide on it! He didnt even make sure it wasnt dirty or anything! What a bad doctor. I went to another pharmacy and asked if there was something I should do and they said to put some neosporin on it. So Ive been changing her bandages and putting that on it. Its so gross. This is sad to say but this is the second nail shes lost within the past 6 months. The other one was a slow falling off though (she got her fingers shut in the door).
That night my mom and I prepped food for our mothers day feast. My in-laws were coming out for Tiny's baby dedication (that I kept forgetting to sign her up for so this is the third one that shes been alive!). So my sis and her family, my family, and my in-laws and nephew, and my mom were all going to be there. How fun! We made curry chicken, curry sauce, fried rice, diced potatoes with seasonings, brownies, corn, and cookies. Lets just say it was a hit and there wasnt very many left overs.
The baby dedication went well, it was fun to have my mom and my hubbys parents, plus his grandpa there. Especially since all of them were from out of town. Oh, funny funny side note here, we took up two rows so we were sitting behind my hubbys parents and grandpa. Grandpa is pretty old and has alzheimer's so he was sitting kind of hunched over. Blondie says, "Whose that?" I dont think she recognized him from the back. I said "Thats your great Grandpa" She says 'Oh" He turned around and said 'Hi" Blondie points and says "LOOK HE TALKS!" I thought I was going to die trying not to laugh. Oh my oh my. My mom made matching dresses for my girls and my sisters girls so they all had them on. They looked ADORABLE! Tiny was pretty cute for her dedication Sunday.
Sunday morning Tiny woke up to a rash all over her face and a little bit on her back. I wasnt sure what it was from. This morning she work up with it way worse all over her body. So when I took Blondie in to have her finger looked at by the kids' pediatrician he looked at Tinys rash too. Tiny has the hives, from some unknown source. He said it could last a couple of days or up to several WEEKS! Yikes. Blondie got put on some meds to keep infection out of her finger. And he told me about paper tape which will keep the nail sort of on so that her new nail can grow but the tape also dissolves in water. Interesting.
Tonight my mom is speaking at Lydia Missionary Fellowship. Its a mother daughter tea so me, my mom, and sis, plus her little girl are going to sing... Oi. We're all altos so it should be interesting. We're singing the song that we used to sing when we were little and visiting churches. We'll see how that goes.
Heres THE NEWS! We bought a house in January! Through a special loan with very very cheap interest rate we were able to build a brand new home!!!!!! We were keeping the news out of FB and my blog because we wanted to surprise my hubbys parents. They were able to go look at it yesterday and were really excited for us. The walls and roof are all up and we should be able to move in in June, sometime around the middle or end of it. I CANT WAIT! Theres four bedrooms and a full basement. The kids will all have their own bedrooms (until we have another baby), plus we will have a YARD and a GARAGE!! We cant wait to be in our new home. AND since we will have our own place my parents (they mate Welsh Corgi dogs and sell the puppies) wanted to give George one of the puppies from the last litter they had. So my mom brought the sweetest most adorable puppy out with her. She (the puppy, Lasso) has to stay with my cousin till we move since we're in an apartment. I LOVE animals so Im almost as excited as the kids.
Heres a picture of the newest member of our family:
Oh my your weekend was full! Poor girl losing a fingernail, but sounds like she was brave. I agree, bad doctor for not cleaning it.
ReplyDeleteLMF was fun and I loved your song and your mom's devotional. It was really a blessing. I needed it for sure after my Mother's Day blues. (-:
This made me so excited about your house! How fun for Ryan to have a dog. So happy for you guys!
wow!
ReplyDeleteMajor ouch for Blondie, but Hurrah for the new house ~ that's exciting!
Busy times and not about to slow down! Welcome summer:o)
ReplyDelete