Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Camping Trip

Over Memorial Day weekend our family went to meet up with my hubbys parents to go camping! We were planning on borrowing my hubbys parents tent but it wasnt to be found. So my hubbys parents let us sleep in their little retro camper and they went home at around 10:30 pm. It started to storm during the night so I was glad we were in a camper instead of a tent. George was excited because he got to sleep in a bed thing way up high. Blondie slept in her own converted table into bed thing, and Tiny slept with us, our bed was like a super king size bed. It was kind of fun to have an excuse to snuggle with her through the night. We dont sleep with the kids, and they normally cant relax enough to fall asleep if we ever have them try to (if they have a fever or something) but she was tired with a capital T. So once she relaxed she passed out and was almost snoring because she was in such a deep sleep. I kept being paranoid that I would roll over on her though so I didnt sleep real well. Side not about Tiny, that girl LOVES being outside and really loves playing in the mud like shes a little boy. I had to give her a shower the night we got there because she was so muddy! Anyway, the next day my in-laws and my hubbys sister and her family all came to the camp ground to spend the day in the outdoors with us. We ate over the fire, went to the lake, and went to the park, talked and enjoyed each other. George got to spend the weekend with Lasso (his dog, my hubbys parents are watching her until our house is finished). It was fun to see them play together. In about two weeks we'll get to take her home! We had tonnes of fun this weekend. We're sunburned (in my case fried) and tired and I have a lot of laundry to do but it was well worth it. We all got some kind of battle wound too. George was riding a scooter and ran into a brick wall that was about three feet high, he scraped up his arm from his elbow to his armpit. He was very brave and didnt cry. Then poor Blondie was standing beside me when I opened the trunk on our station wagon and the bottom of it swung up and hit her face... Tiny was standing and leaning on the camper door and someone opened it from the outside. She took a headlong trip into the ground. At the lake my hubby sliced open his toe on a rock. And I got FRIED! Not just sunburned but fried, especially my thighs. BTW we went to my in-laws for a couple hours after we packed everything up, we got supper on the way to their house. First we stopped at Taco Bell for me. I ate a whole meal deal (supreme burrito and a supreme taco which I thoroughly enjoyed), but was still hungry. My hubby wanted to go to a local fast food taco place that he LOVES and I just like because he loves it so much (he can only get it when he goes back to his hometown) he asked if I wanted something there. I ate a whole meal there too (a meat lovers cassadilla)! I dont know if it was the great outdoors or if it was just being pregnant, but wow self lets be a little more of a piggly wiggly.
Well its time to do the sleeping switch with my man (we stayed up and watched a movie after we got home last night, its been weeks since we've snuggled up and watched a movie together. I got up with the kids, and then will wake him up a sleep for a bit while he watches the kids... One nice thing about him being on second shift on tired mornings). Time to catch a few ZZZZZ's.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you each got a battle wound:o) Yikes! Sounds like you guys had fun, and you know what? I'm jealous that you will have tanned thighs while mine will likely be white all summer:o(

    ReplyDelete