Its been awhile since Ive posted, we have been beyond busy. We moved into our beautiful new house. WE LOVE IT! The kids love it too. Theres room for them to run, and if there are a lot of kids visiting they can all go to the basement and be as wild as they want. We still dont have grass in our yard, its been a bit frustrating to wait for the builders to come put it in. The first week it rained to much and then last week they were too busy or something. Now this week its going to be raining alot again... Grrrr. I cant wait till the kids can play in the yard, they'll love it.
The week we moved was VBS week. We were helpers so we needed to be there with our kiddos. It was the most hectic tiring week in the history of busy weeks. I never will recommend to anyone to move during VBS week and if I can at all avoid it we're never moving during it again either. My poor hubby would wake up go to VBS then go to work and all he wanted to do was get our new home all unpacked and organized. Im the cleaner type, hes the organizer. It works out really well for our marriage and home appearance :o) Anyway, I was so exhausted (Ive been very tired lately anyway) that I would get home from VBS, nap with the kids, then get through the day and collapse into bed. I maybe unpacked three boxes that week. Anyway, Saturday finally rolled around and my hubby and I went to work and got the whole house unpacked and organized in one day! We had all the people who helped us move coming over for a grill out on Sunday afternoon and really wanted our place to look nice for it. On Sunday we had the grill out and were able to host 15 ish people plus our family really comfortably! It was so fun! We LOVE to have people over and now can do it and have space to enjoy. Sunday night was the VBS closing program, which I have to say was very funny/trying. We had a pretty unruly class and lets just say Sunday night they were WILD after our class preformed we took them to another room to play games and I felt like leaving the kids and running away! They were loud, didnt listen, and they were wild, wild, wild. My hubby and I breathed a sigh of relief when we could turn our little angels over to their parents :o) Anyway, I have a pretty funny story about our performance. My sweety and I arent gifted musically. We can carry a tune, ONLY if and I say ONLY IF we follow someone else, and have a piano helping us stay on key. I also have horrible timing. Closing night of VBS our helpers werent there, and there was no piano for us so we would be the only ones singing with the kids... Well some of you remember my post called "sticking out like a sore thumb", a similar thing happened. My hubby and I were singing with the kids, I started the group out, "Behold what manner of love the father has given unto us...." I thought the kids were singing with us, I noticed to that I kind of started on a wrong key, I also noticed my hubby was singing a little off from me a couple of times. But again I thought the cute little kids were helping us out. When I looked into the audience I saw people smiling, and a few mouthing the words. We didnt just sing through it once we did it twice. We finished, took the "angels" downstairs to blow off their wild steam, then went to the cookie fellowship. Our pastor came by when we were munching on our chocolate chip cookies and said "Thank you for your ministry" We smiled and said "Thanks!" then he said, and it wasnt mean at all, it gave us a case of the giggles when he walked away, hes such a nice man and LOVE to listen to him preach, "But if its a choice between your day job or singing, I would stick to your day job" He had a huge smile on his face, we laughed, then he said that he loved us that he really did. He walked away. I looked at my hubby and said "did the kids not sing very loud?!" Then my sister comes over, I told her what pastor said and she started cracking up, and says to someone sitting with us "These two are such good eggs, neither of you are musically talented but you got up there and gave it your all with the kids...etc etc..." Im just going to let you know, our helpers were my cousin and his wife, wanted us to sing the song in a round. I reminded them of my "sticking out like a sore thumb" story and refused to. So glad we didnt!
My hubby had the next week off of work, we got a lot done around the house and we loved every minute of him being home. On Wednesday we left the kids with a friend and we went on a double date with my cousin and his wife. It was so fun and refreshing. We went out for lunch, went to a funny movie and just enjoyed the fellowship. The only cloud was we took our car in to the shop because it was making a popping noise whenever we turned corners. Then we found part of a spring from the car in our drive way. Oh great, car problems. We found out it was going to cost over a thousand dollars to fix. We even got a quote from another place that said the same thing. My hubbys dad knows everyone in his town so we asked him to look around for a nice cheap van for us (we were thinking of selling our car and getting a van for our expanding family anyway). Our car wasnt worth fixing, high miles, old, wasnt taken car of when with the previous owners. We bought it for 600 dollars over a year ago. He found us one, so Thursday we headed up there to go check it out. Its a very nice, great priced mini van that will fit the new baby in with us. The dealer even gave us a thousand trade in for our car! Nice! Thanks Father in law! So we now have our gas hogging Suburban that I just love so much (my hubby mentioned selling it and I felt like crying) and a van. We need two vehicles since my hunny works second shift. I like being home but in order to do grocery shopping and errands I need a set of wheels too.
Friday my cousin (My sis and I have lots of cousins) and his wife from Colorado came and stayed at our place for two nights. It was so fun! They have a little boy too and my kids and him played and played. On Saturday we had a open house for friends and family and had another grill out. We had about 29 people at our place! 15 of them were kids, and 10 of them were ages 4 and under! Whew crazy but fun! The night was late, and my sister and one of my cousins werent winding down and we had church the next day. I actually saw my Colorado cousins wife nodding off (they were still staying at our place) and 'little flowing lips' husband was conked out on the couch, and my hubby whispered "Im headed to bed" I was way tired but didnt know how to kick my 'Little flowing lips' sister and talkative other cousin out politely so I just said "Bye sister!" she was like "do you want us to leave?" Hahaha, yes. It was past midnight, it was fun talking but when you have an early riser (and I do, whom has been waking up extremely early since her schedule has been non existent for three weeks) mornings are not fun.
Well thats a run down of the past few weeks. We do really love our new house, and the fact that its in a small town with cities very close. It gets so dark out here and you can hear crickets and frogs at night. Its really neat. My son pointed out that you can see stars :o) This is the smallest town Ive ever lived in and really like small town living so far. Though I might not like it if a Walmart and restaurants werent just a 10 minute drive away :o) We have lots of space and love company so if your ever coming through here we have a bed/beds for you!
Wow, your week sounds totally crazy!!! I'm glad you like your new house, though, and hope you get to relax some this next week and enjoy it!!! Just caught up on your posts, and wow, I'm sorry that Tiny cried all the way through the store - how crazy!!! :(
ReplyDeleteGlad y'all are getting settled in ~ Hope you get some sleep to catch up from the crazy stressful months ♥
ReplyDeleteThis was hilarious and wonderful to read. You sound like your entertaining week was like mine. It is fun but once in a while you do have to take a break and collapse!! Hope you get some rest this week and hope the kids get back on a schedule of some sorts just in time for you to come out here and then to have a reunion back there the next week:O) Love you and proud of you! Marmee
ReplyDeleteWhat? You saying I talk too much?:o)
ReplyDelete