Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Summer Blessings
The hoses are turned on, I hear the ticking sound as water sprays out of the sprinklers. I see excitement on my childrens faces as they get ready to play. I love the shrieks of laughter as the kids run through the cold water. Tiny doesnt like the sprinklers so she plays with rocks on the ground. My hubby comes over and picks her up and carries her over to the water to see if she would like that. She just makes grumpy faces and tries to hit the offensive cold stuff. George holds Blondies hand and tries to get her to run straight through the water and not off to the side. George backs up and then takes of running and screaming like a banshee, then jumps through the sprinklers as fast and as high as he can. He starts to laugh hysterically and tells me to watch, he does it again. Blondie tries to copy him and runs straight to the sprinkler then detours around and jumps over nothing. I giggle at the kids then soak in some rays and read my book some more, I feel mist hitting my legs and think it really does feel good. Lasso (our very not brave dog) dislikes the cold water about as much as Tiny so she sits at my feet and watches. My hubby goes around the yard trying to get it so that the whole thing is getting hit with water all at the same time. Hence we have about 500 hoses and 300 sprinklers (not really, but we do have a lot). The effect is like our very own splash park. Blondie is starting to turn purple, but must keep playing. George seems to have better circulation than his sister, or hes just more wild and keeps the blood flowing. My hubby comes over and sits beside me, I put my book down and we chat and laugh at the kids. Blondie comes over to my hubby and snuggles with him to warm up. I look around at my happy family and sigh a deep sigh of contentedness. God has blessed us, He really has.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awe, that's sweet!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful memory for you and for the kids! Makes me want to cry!! The little ones grow up so fast and pretty soon the sprinkler doesn't hold their attention. Enjoy!!!
ReplyDeleteMarmee
Love this - we really need to get a sprinkler! :)
ReplyDelete