Friday, August 13, 2010

A Busy Ending to Our Crazy Summer

I hear more storms coming in the distance... All I can think is we dont need more rain. Theres flooding everywhere... The little town that we go to church in was so flooded that people couldnt leave or enter. Im sad for the ones who have lost homes, cars, belongings. And selfishly breathe a sigh of relief that so far our home hasnt gotten any damage or water in our basement. The storms have been amazingly fierce and beautiful at the same time. One night the lightning flashed non stop for about 10 minutes, not just in one spot but the entire sky. When I saw my hubby off to work there was lightning in the distance and it was so bright it hurt my eyes! Its been so hot and so humid, I cant even describe the humidity except that when you look at some windows they actually look like they have frost on them but its not frost its a dew sort of thing from the moist air. One night I looked at the street lights and you could see the humidity in the lights! Crazy, hot, weird weather.

We've been super super busy. Things are going to slow down a bit... hopefully. We went on vacation three weeks ago, it seems like old news now. It was nice, and relaxing, fun to spend the week as a family. Then two days after we got home my parents came out here for a family reunion on my moms side and a couple days later relatives started to arrive. We had LOTS of family come into town and our house was the meeting, game playing, visiting spot. My legs felt like they were always running here or there. Fetching toilet paper for one of the bathrooms, helping prepare meals, taking care of my kiddos, running errands, you name it. It was fun to see family that I hadnt seen in a long time. The reunion ended on Sunday but the last of the relatives didnt leave till Wednesday so we were still getting together and running around. My parents were still at our place and left today. I have laundry to do and the house to pick up, toilets to clean and dishes to do, but Im relaxing and decided to do the housework after naps. Im getting caught up on blog reading and did a bit of facebook. Just sitting and not doing anything... Ahh.

My hubby has been working the 4 am-12:30 pm shift this week. A weirdly early shift (up at 3:00 am!) but Im not hating it. I thought I would, as I like to get up with my hunny and get him something to eat and see him out the door (incase your wondering, yes, I do go back to bed after he leaves!). It hasnt been to bad though. I actually like it better then the 6-2:30 one he does occasionally, and like it WAY better than his normal second shift that he works. He gets home and naps then we have the whole entire evening together! He might do it again next week and Im kind of excited about it. Its also a easy job hes doing so its less hectic and stressful for him.

School starts next week! Wow. This summer was the worlds fastest summer ever. I do have to say fall and cooler weather sounds pretty amazing right now. As soon as Georges school books arrive we'll start second grade. My boy is getting so old... Sniff.

Well, its almost time for naps and my hubby to get home! Yay!

PS Tiny got professional pictures done today and they turned out so stinkin cute. Those of you who are FB friends keep your eyes open for them!

2 comments:

  1. your weather sounds so, so crazy....i have never experienced anything like that before! the weirdest weather i've experienced is all of the earthquakes here in california. i don't think i'd be able to handle the flooding and hail and tornadoes in your neck of the woods! i do agree that i'm ready for fall....i always feel ready for fall by august and it takes a good 3 more months to reach us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, i just re-read your comment and realized that earthquakes aren't really "weather". haha! that's what sleep deprivation will do to ya!

    ReplyDelete