Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Good-Bye Heart Monitor... I Truely Hope We Never Meet Again

Good-bye heart monitor. I will not miss you.
We've been together for three weeks.
I'll not miss all your weird tweaks.
I will not miss your sticky patches.
Which caused me many little irritating rashes.
I will not miss the mass of cords hanging low.
Nor the pitiful stares of people who do not know.
You have interrupted my already interrupted sleep,
If I accidentally laid on you, there would be a irritating beep.

No I will not miss you either clunky cell phone, second monitor thing, whatever your called.
You have not been physically attached to me these long three weeks,
But you too have had many annoying tweaks.
We couldnt be further than 10 feet apart, you and I.
Needing to remember to grab you when running after a cry.
You were almost to big to shove in my pocket, or crowded purse.
Your need to be with me felt like a curse.
Cell phone, I loved it when you would randomly start beeping during church,
Not knowing what to do about it, left me in a lurch.
I no longer have to try to read the different beeps.
One beep... What did that mean again?
Two beeps, meant what?
Three beeps... Oi.
No more calls to the customer service hot line, and waiting on hold.
Cell phone, monitor, only a twelve hour charge got kind of old.
So as I put you in the mail today, there were no tears of sadness, no, instead I did a little dance of gladness.

2 comments:

  1. Hope it provides some answers after all that! =)

    I'm looking at flannel... Remind me if you're having a boy or girl, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Ju! It makes me think of Dr. Seuss :) Very glad with you that the heart monitor is gone!!!

    ReplyDelete