Life has been flying by at a blurry pace. My poor husband worked almost 80 hours last week, and has been trying to get his CDL (Commercial Drivers License so he can drive semi's and big trucks) along with the crazy work schedule. This week, thankfully, he hasnt had a whole lot of overtime at work, but hes been taking tests (I think there are 4 or 5 tests that he has to pass) and practicing his driving, so it feels like hes been working. Only hes not getting the OT pay, unfortunately. HOPEFULLY he'll be able to take and pass the last test Saturday or early next week. I cant wait to see him diving a big truck or semi around at work, I think he'll look pretty hot in the drivers seat :o)
He got some dirt and wood shavings in his eye while working about a month ago. He had to go to the eye doctor to get it picked out. Last night he got something in his eye again! So we went to the eye docs and this time they couldnt get whatever is in his eye out, he might have to go to a specialist tomorrow to get it all cleaned out. Hes on a prescription eye drop again so hopefully it will help a little until it can be taken care of. Ouch, poor guy. Heres a funny (for me) story. I had ear drops at the same time as his eye drops. The bottles were the same size. We were rushing out the door for church and he grabbed what he thought was his eye drops. He had me put them in for him right before we took off and he almost immediately sat forward rubbing his eye and saying it burned. I was feeling sorry for him, but was driving so couldnt really help. About half way to church he looked at the bottle and goes 'Ju this is your ear drops!' Haha! No wonder it burned. As bad as I felt it did gave me the giggles.
The kids and I have just been at home a lot this week. They LOVE our backyard. Its kind of nice because I can just send them out and do things around the house and not really have to worry about them. The weather has been glorious so its been extra fun for them. School for George is in full swing. We got our materials on Sunday so this is the first week of our actual school work. I was doing review work with him till it got here. We had a rough start on to our week, but yesterday I switched the schedule around and that seems to have done the trick! The day went MUCH better. Whew! I was worried about the rest of the year there for awhile.
Ive had my lovely monitor on for a week now! We're a third of the way through. Which is good, these patches are leaving rashes now too. I can move them around a bit after showers but am running out of places to move them as there isnt time for the old rashes to heal before having to put a new patch on them. I keep hoping to get a call saying that I dont need to finish out the three weeks but so far it hasnt happened, bummer.
Well for those of you who didnt see my status on FB Blondie has made a funny, again. We went to the kids' pediatrician today and he was bent over listening to Tiny's stomach and heart. His head was bent really low and it was right in front of us. Hes nearly bald on top. I guess Blondie never has seen the top of his head because she says in a loud "whisper" "Whats wrong with his hair?" Oh my that girl. She can be embarrassing. I didnt know what to say, as Im sure he could hear since his ears were only about six inches from her mouth. I just whispered back (I know I could have come up with something better than this, Im just not a fast thinker when Im embarrassed) "I dont know".
I need to go fix some supper. Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! We had a great one.
PS We have a name picked out for Hall baby #4! This is amazingly fast for us, but we're not telling people... Ha, got you curious didnt I?
LOL at Blondie! I don't think I have a different answer that I would have said?
ReplyDeleteRaun has driven a truck for years now, and he really loves it. I hope your hubby gets his license quickly, and gets moving on a job driving trucks!
Can't wait to hear the name of your baby- it'll be a long wait won't it?!
i totally laughed out loud at the blondie story, especially at your response. but you gotta think that a pediatrician would have heard pretty much every embarassing question under the sun, right? :)
ReplyDeleteYour kids sound like they are quite the characters! LOVE IT!
ReplyDelete(PS: We haven't even discussed a name for our Baby #3!... you are quick! We in the past, pick names almost right away and then change them because someone used that name recently or near the end we don't like it.) Hope you are feeling good!
Aw, can't wait to hear what you guys decided on :) Did you go with something from that list you'd been brainstorming or something entirely different?
ReplyDeleteEek! So excited about the name!!! We never share till the baby's born, so I am willing to wait, though! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, dear, kids can be so embarrassing - Z was staring at a guy behind us in line at Walmart the other day who had buggy eyes - and asking, "What's that man doing with his eyes?" over and over - I wanted to die! :(