Life hasnt slowed down even a tiny bit since last week. Wowza! It seems like we've been running crazy from sun up till long after it goes down. My hubby ended up not having anything else in his eye but on Friday he was sent to a specialist. He had a scab on his eye and it was infected and scrached. The doc got it all dug out and wrote him a note saying he couldnt work that night. I was excited, not that he had a very sore eye but that he was going to be home for three days straight! R came home and slept for SIX hours, I think he was tired :o)
Our state has a Right to Life book drive about every six months. You can get books greatly discounted at their drive. Anyway, Saturday I looked at the site online to see when the next sale was and thought it was going on right then. We drove downtown and there was nothing going on at the stadium that the booksale was "supposed" to be at. I called my cousin and had her look it up and she said it didnt start till Tuesday... What? I felt a little stupid and R looked over at me with a grin and raised eyebrows (for some reason he didnt seem suprised, I have no idea why... Its not like I do this kind of thing often ;o)). Our friends had us over that evening, so we headed on over there. She made some AMAZING burritos, I enjoyed every bite.
Sunday we had nursing home service. The kids were SO good and SO sweet to the old folks there. I was incredibly proud of them. They went around and sat on laps, talked to the people, shook hands. Tiny, who isnt a friendly, nor smiley baby would act like she was going to go to someone then make a face and run away. It was pretty humorus. There was a little old old man sitting all by himself across the room and Tiny headed over to him, pushed her little bum against his legs and stood there till he put her on his lap. Could have knocked me over with a feather. She is SO not the type of baby to go to a stranger and want picked up. He put her on his lap and she sat there for pretty much the rest of the time we were there. She looked pleased with herself, and while sitting on his lap she would look across the room and make the funniest grumpy face at all the old ladies. It cracked us up! After church that night we got the kids in bed then got ready for bed. As we were turning off the light R looked at the clock and was like "Its only 10?!" It felt like midnight. I wasnt sad though about having an early night for once. I woke up the next morning without the kids waking me. This is a first in like two years. No joke. Our schedule makes it so we go to bed so stinkin late that we dont get 10 o'clock nights very often.
Yesterday R went to work early and practiced backing up semi's for his test that was today. So I packed the kids up and went shopping for some maternity clothes. It really needed a bit of sprucing up. I found a couple of good deals but kept the poor kids out most of the day. Today we went and watched my man take his final test for his CDL. George was beyond excited to see his daddy drive a semi. He kept asking when Daddy was going to drive by (we sat there for about an hour before R took his test) and when he finally drove by George jumped up and stood on the seat with his body out the Suburban window and frantically was waving his arms and yelling "HI DADDY, HI DADDY" I mean how cool is it for a little boy to see his dad driving a semi? During the backing up part, I told George that this is the part Daddy had a hard time with. He sat quiet for a few seconds then said "I prayed for him" Aww! I just read a friends blog and she wrote a sweet post about her little boys spontaneous prayers. I thought it was sweet and convicting to have George do that the day after reading her blog. I was of course praying for R at that moment but prayer is something I dont do near enough of. Back to the story though, God worked it out so that the instructor that day was actually our backyard neighbor! R said it calmed him down a lot, the guy is a pretty nice guy. No more after work and before work practicing, because he passed!!! Now he can train for the "shag driver" job, on the job and get paid for it! Anyway, the DOT being so fast like it is... the test and license making took three hours so R had to go to work almost right after. We grabbed a quick lunch together then he left. I had a doctors appointment. I knew it was a short one so I just took the kids with me. They were perfect little angels for the whole thing. Again proud of them since they sat in the car for three hours prior! After that we went to the Right to Life booksale, R really wanted me to go to look for some Bible Commentaries. I found a few and then a bunch of other books, couldnt resist. They had some math books for the curriculem I use for homeschooling, I was excited about that. And here I am, the kids in bed promptly at 7 as they were REALLY tired. My mom asked me on the phone what I was doing tomorrow and I said hopefully nothing. I really need to work on Tinys baby book, shes almost 20 months and Ive only got up to six months done! Need to get that finished before baby comes.
Well, this is a very long post so I will go for now. So proud of my man! Im also excited that the new position at work will be less stressful for him. Same hours same pay but less stress.
Im going to go relax before working on laundry. Bye!
SO glad he passed - that will be nice! :) Glad you're feeling well - you are quite the adventurous mom to take your kids out like you do - I'm really bad about getting out, I just get way too stressed! :(
ReplyDelete