Monday, October 18, 2010

Nesting

Many of you have read about this in my status updates, so it will probably be redundant but Im going to blog about it anyway. My husband has to work 12 hour shifts this week so Im "kind of" without things to do. There are two things that Ive been putting off for a long time, sorting baby and kids clothes, and getting caught up on Tinys baby book and one year calander. So those are my big goals for this week. I feel nesting'ish right now, a strong urge to be all prepared for babys arrival (even though its still 13 weeks away!).
Yesterday my sister was on her way over to help me with the kids' clothes (so sweet, huh?) and the kids were playing outside. R has been staining the deck and fence to protect it from the weather and left the stain outside. George starts yelling that the girls were getting into the paint. I thought R had put the stain in the garage, so I thought George was just tatteling about them touching the stained part of the fence. Then I look out the sliding door and see Blondie not looking so blond in parts of her hair and stain up to her elbows and all over her legs (the girls were in church clothes, BY THE WAY), her dress had smudges all over it. All I could do was yell at her to go straight to the bathroom and not touch anything! Then I saw Tiny come up the stairs. She looked like she stepped in the bucket, she was wearing one of Blondies shoes which was now an orangish color, and she was crying. Oh. my. word. Not some of my best mothering for the next 20 minutes or so. Ahem. You can read between the lines there. I went to the bathroom and evidently Blondie didnt understand what DONT TOUCH ANYTHING meant because there was stain all over the sink, counter, light switch, and some on the wall. Thankfully I had just bought some goopy stuff to clean stain and grease off hands, and that got it off the sink/ counter/ light switch and most of what was on the wall. I used it on the girls in the shower. The dresses and shoes went in the garbage, and both girls still have orange in their hair. My sister made it over at the tail end of that mess. We sorted clothes for about three hours. While we were doing that Blondie went to the bathroom aaannnnddd she was wearing her backpack with a tail (its a kids leash that I use at the mall). She did not remember to put the tail to the side so that it didnt go in the toilet. She went potty and was running back and forth and I noticed the tile was drenched with lined water... I felt the tail, looked at her clothes, and realized I had toilet water to clean up (off her, the floor, etc.)! Ahhh! Anyway, we finished up the clothes amidst messes and 6 busy kids!
Today I got the baby stuff and the rest of our mountain of laundry washed and put away today, so tomorrow Im going to start the huge task of babybooking. Just finding everything is going to take forever. We lost a camera with lots of undeveloped pictures on it, then someone accidently erased another of our camera cards with tonnes of undeveloped pictures (both of those are VERY sad, but true stories). So my dad put some pictures on a thumb drive for us (is that what its called?). Then I do have a stack of pictures somewhere and a couple of camera cards that may have some pictures of Tiny, that I need to find. I also have a purse calander with all of Tiny's milestones written in, which I need to find. After I get all those together, I need to develope pictures, call the doctor for all her measurements, sort, write, and hopefully finish it all by Saturday! In the words of Bob the Builder "Can we do it? Yes we can!".

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my word - what a busy day!!! I would NOT have been very happy to see the kids in the stain either - I about freaked out on Z today b/c he got into some wet paint on the walls at our new house today - and he wasn't even wearing church clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness sakes Julie!
    I would have been sooo frustrated to say the least..

    Your to-do list with the baby books/pictures, etc.. sounds like a big task! Hope it gets done quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete