Since my sweety is working 12 hour shifts starting yesterday and going through Saturday, I wanted to make my hardworking man a special breakfast. He said he would like breakfast pizza. Ive tried making it in the past (just making it up) and it never turned out very good. My friend Tania gave me a delish pizza crust recipe a few weeks ago, so I was actually excited to try it out with breakfast pizza. After taking a few bites of it my hubby said its better than Casey's breakfast pizza (a local place that makes wonderfully good pizza), which in my opinion theirs is the BEST Ive ever tasted, so that was a huge compliment.
Here it is:
Crust:
2 C flour
1 tsp salt
1 pkg yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp)
1 C lukewarm water
1/4 cup oil
Mix yeast in water, then combine the rest of the ingredients. Knead gently. Let rise 20 minutes. Press dough into greased pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes then take out add toppings and bake another 20 minutes. For the breakfast pizza I baked the dough 15 minutes then another 15, since it had eggs and I didnt want them to be dried out.
While the dough is resting scramble 7 eggs.
While crust is baking the first 15 minutes, melt a chunk (I didnt measure stuff out so bear with me) of Velveeta cheese, a couple of tablespoons of butter, and a little milk. If its to runny add a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese. Set aside until crust baking is done.
Take crust out cover with cheese mixture, add eggs, and ham (bacon or whatever you want to put on it) top with mozzarella cheese. Put in oven for the last 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Sounds so yummy! I have had Casey's breakfast pizza once and it is great. Can't wait to try this!
ReplyDelete