Sunday, December 19, 2010
Christmas Program
Tonight was the Christmas program at church. The kids were all antsy with excitment as we got ready to go. I got them dressed in their Christmas clothes, and did the girls' hair. As we were driving to church I kept telling George and Blondie to sing really loud. In years past they only stood on the stage looking out on the congregation with looks of pure terror. So this year I thought with a little push of encouragement they might sing. They practiced their songs on the ride to church. We got there and the kids got into costume and I went and sat down. First came George (we missed the practice on Saturday so I had no idea what the program was about) and his class. They sang a song and George was actually moving his lips! Not singing out by any stretch of the imagination but his mouth was moving... This is progress people. Then his class went and sat in chairs on the stage and ended up staying there the entire program! Oh wow. Now you need to understand George, he always, and Im not exagerating here, feels the need to move and fidget. Im soooo glad I didnt know that his class did that. I would have been stressing for days. BUT he sat still the entire time! Woohooo! He was even sitting closest to the crowd so people would have noticed if he wasnt sitting still. This is more progress! Then Blondies class was up next, she too moved her lips, not singing out, but she did "sing" a bit. Tiny missed being in the program by just a couple of weeks. Bummer, the little 2's and 3's had adorable sheep and donkey hats. Anyway, not much to tell about the program, but just wanted to remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was a great program, wasn't it?!
ReplyDeleteAnd all the kids sitting up there with Mrs. J did so well =) Good job, Ryan!