Monday, January 31, 2011

Surgery

I thought I would give a nursing update... I am pleased to announce that Surprise turned a corner this weekend! Shes still using the shield but doesnt have the latching on screaming till I let down problems that she had. Im so pleased! I have to brag again about what a good sleeper she is, my 5 week old sleeps 5-6 hours a stretch at night! I didnt get a stretch like that till my other kiddos were at least 9 months.

We're hunkering down for some good ol' Midwest snow/ice storms. Who is looking forward to spring? Lets see a show of hands (mine raised way up high). I dream about the days of no boots, coats, or frozen hands buckling kids into the car, or trying to run into stores with frozen faces and three little people trailing along with me. Dreaming...

Now onto the point of this post. Ive had a bump above my belly button since having Surprise. Its painful to the touch and flares up the more I lift and the later it is in the day. I went in about three weeks ago to get it checked and they thought it was just the top of my uterus. I knew it wasnt but was like ok, we'll see at my 6 week check. Its been getting bigger and hurting more so I went in today to get it checked out again. The doc said it looks like a hernia and scheduled for me to meet with a surgeon. So if you think about it pray that all will go well with that. I meet with him on the 8th. My worries are, Surprise and I JUST got the hang of this nursing thing together, will she lose interest in me again? Also I hope my milk doesnt dry up, Ive heard of that happening. With hernia surgery your not supposed to pick things up... How would that be possible with 4 young children? Lets just hope that maybe it isnt a hernia and I wont have to worry about this. We'll see next week. I guess this will put Jillian Micheals on hold for awhile... Just when I was getting into a, lets get this pregnant weight off routine.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely praying that it's something less than a hernia!!
    -Enjoy getting more sleep than you have with previous babies- so nice!
    Way to Go persevering nursing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DId you really have your hand raised up high?:o) Hope things work out well with surgery/no surgery and nursing!

    ReplyDelete