Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Its Official

I went and met with the surgeon today and its official, I have a hernia. I was pretty sure that that is what it was, but I was hoping that it might have been something else. The surgeon said that I would have to have surgery to repair it. He asked if we were planning on more kids, I said we were. He said back in the day I would have had to wait to have the surgery but now they put a bigger mesh patch in so that it will stretch with my tummy. I was happy to hear that, I was worried what the surgery would mean for us having another baby. Anyway, Im having my surgery on the 18th. Our church is having their annual babysitting so that parents can go out on the 19th... We're going to miss that, sniff. I was so looking forward to a night out with my man.

R is taking a personal day on Friday (the day of surgery) then he will have that weekend, the following week (vacation time), then the next weekend to help me. The doc said that I will need serious help for 5 to 7 days. R said that Im not allowed to get up at all :o) That will be a challenge for me. If I see something needs to be done, I feel the need to do it. R said he might have to tie me to the bed then! This is going to sound strange, but Im excited to spend the week with him. Any opportunity to have time together is a good thing right? Pain or no pain :o) Hes going to be playing Mr. Mom and I have complete confidence that he'll do a great job.

Im not going to be able to nurse for 24 hours after the surgery, and then the surgeon said that I'll need pain meds for 3-5 days after. We shall see how Surprise does at accepting me again... Hopefully its not a full fledged battle, such a shame, shes starting do do so well. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Aww Julie I am sorry that you have to go through this, but I am glad things have changed and you don't have to wait until you have the next baby. That will be tough with Taylor and nursing. I will pray it will work out and not be too hard.
    Please feel free to ask me to help in any way. If Randy needs a break we could always come pick up some of the kids for the day. I won't keep offering since that can be annoying, just know I am here. (-: Sad you can't do the Valentines date. If you want to do a date night some other night before your surgery we can watch the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this has sure been a challenging few months for you! Praise God for such a supportive husband & I am going to start praying now that Miss Surprise will be happy as can be to have her mama back after a short break!

    ReplyDelete