Thursday, January 13, 2011

To Love a Newborn

How can your heart swell with love for someone you have laid eyes on only minutes before? How can you become intoxicated with a smell of someone of whom has never had a bath? How can you stare and stare at the little bundle and never grow tired of the view?

I love the feel of her soft hair as I nuzzle my face against it. The feel of her body as it bunches up against my chest, and the sweet puffs of her breath against my neck as I cuddle her close.
I love to hear her squalling newborn cries, and look at her scrunched up face and wide open mouth.
I love the look on her face after she lets out a huge burp.
I love her baby "gas" smiles.
I love to stare at her beautiful huge eyes, and her long lashes as she drifts off to sleep.
I love the sight of her skinny little legs and perfect hands with long slender fingers.
I love to watch my big strong husband hold our fragile, tiny, baby girl.
I love to see her brother and sisters fall in love with her.
I love to look at her and be in awe of the creation that God made in her.
I love that God blessed us and entrusted her into our care.


To love a newborn, this is what we have been experiencing...
"I will praise thee for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalm 137:14

8 comments:

  1. Beautifully written post, Ju! :) It is all so true, too...there is nothing that compares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I cried, I can so relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes my uterus do flips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I wish I could have my 6 all over again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, that is so sweet! I love your little bundle and could cuddle her all the day long. Keep me posted on when I get to babysit her:o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. What a blessing to see her home & in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was such a sweet post. It makes me excited to have my own babies someday. I'm so glad Surprise is home and that things are going well. I'm so glad your Mom's been able to be there for so long with you, as well.

    ReplyDelete