Today I had to replace my old jeans with a new pair. A sad day it is. When I find jeans that I like I wear them till they fall apart. I know some of my friends have seen me in past weeks and wondered why I was still wearing my worn out old jeans. Its because I just cant bear to give them up. But when I noticed a tear in the inner thigh of my wonderful pants I knew it was time. In the past I have ripped the butt out of my favorite pants... in public. I was afraid of that happening. The material is almost see through thin. So we took a trip to Kohls, a rather stressful trip (Surprise cried the entire time, and Blondie was crazy busy). Stressful, but productive! After searching for over a year I found an almost as good pair :o)
Old pair:

Sadly worn out... Incase your wondering, they didnt come with holes, I made those from frequent use and washings.

A closer view, see the hole in the inner thigh?

A pretty good replacement, yes?


And there you have it. A nice new crisp pair of jeans for me to wear till they die.
Hurray for new jeans! I have one of those favorites pairs that is about to give out too, but I am hanging onto them (minus the buttons on the back pockets!) for as long as I can. :)
ReplyDeleteI prayed for you last night. You are a special person to love people so hard that it hurts you when they are hurting!
Oh, and congratulations on becoming and auntie again today!
Debbi