Monday, March 14, 2011

Mario, Organization, and George


The first time I played Mario Brothers I was about 10. My friend and her family owned a Nintendo and all I wanted to do when I went over to her house was play Mario Brothers, even if she didnt. Play I did. I had a thing for the short plumber, with the red hat, blue overalls, and thick mustache. I didnt realize how much until yesterday. We got the Mario All-Stars game for our Wii (it has the old Mario 1,2, and 3 all in the same game). We picked it up yesterday after church and I played all afternoon, then again after evening church, till midnight. I was impressively good at the games, knowing where the hidden lives were, passing levels with speed and excellence. I would chuckle to myself when I flew through my levels and R was stuck for several turns in the same ones! That game is incredibly addicting. I know Im such a nerd. Anyhoo...

For the next 11 days R has to work, and most of the days are going to be 12 hour shifts. That being, Im going to be SOOOOOO bored. Our house has been driving me crazy. It seems we've been accumelating incredible amounts of junk. Right before my surgery I was wanting to declutter but didnt get a chance to. I feel almost 100% again so this week Im going to take a room a day and throw all the junk out of it and organize. Im super excited. A bit of spring cleaning you could say.

George turns eight in a few short weeks. I cant believe it! I remember my mom always would say she felt to young to have a kid such and such age. Right now Im understanding what she was saying. Hes growing up to fast, *cries*. Hes such a big help to me. Hes also such a good brother to all his little sisters. The other day I asked him if he liked having sisters and he said "Yeah, I love them." Aww, what a sweet heart! But after he said that he asked "Do you think I could ever have a brother?" Welllll, that depends... When we have him pray he always says "dear Jesus, thank you for letting me play, and for school. I love Daddy, Mommy, Blondie, Tiny, and Suprise. And I love you Jesus, Amen." So sweet.

Anyway, I have a house that needs some TLC.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, new blog decor too! =) Looks nice, Julie!

    You are making good use of Randy's extra hours at work =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me a nerd too! I love playing Mario :)

    I can't wait to go through my whole house and de-clutter. I think I am waiting until closer to the garage sale I'm part of- can't wait! Good job Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will de-clutter as I unpack OR I'll be so busy with babies that I will just get it done to get it done and it will look like we live in a hurricane disater area... I suppose we shall see.

    ReplyDelete