Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Boy is Eight

Hes tall and slender.
He often reaches over to hold my hand.
My heart fills with joy when I hear him say "I love you mommy"
Hes growing up Ive noticed.
He no longer finds unending joy and entertainment from a train set
He would rather play the Wii or ride his bike.
Hes growing like a weed, now almost reaching my shoulder
These words have been spoken often to me of late "Hes such a sweet kid"
Inwardly I say "I know" But say "thank you" instead.
This past year he has matured light years
I used to fret and worry that he would never learn to talk according to his age, to communicate... Hes struggled his whole life, now hes nearly mastered the art.
Hes so gentle with his sisters
They play for hours on end
He likes to tease to get a reaction out of them, and boy does he get a reaction out of Blondie!
He always wears his hat, even to bed
He says the most heartfelt prayers that make me smile
My boy is half way to 16! Oh my heart.
He loves to relay how Mario does this or this in the game... *snore*
He loves to sit and stare at some gadget, and you know hes itching to make it work
He can make a shape pattern better than I
He looks so old racing around on his bike or scooter
When did I start having a hard time telling if a set of socks are his or mine?
Hes so eager to help
He got his daddy's incredible work ethic
Hes developing quite the sense of humor
He loves to wrestle
School is NOT his favorite past time
He is a complimenter "You look beautiful with your hair like that Mommy" "I like your shirt, you look nice in it" etc. etc.
Hes odd, and sweet, and a bit nerdy
He loves milk, and yogurt, fruit, and peanut butter
Im proud to be his mom
Hes the one that first made me a mom, as unsure and scared as I was.
Im privileged to have a hand in raising him
Thank you George for being you, never change. I love you Bud.

1 comment:

  1. This is SO cute, Julie! It totally touches me, especially because my little brother is six, going on seven. Thanks for writing, and happy birthday to "George"!

    ReplyDelete