There hasnt been much of anything going on...
I changed Surprises blog name to Happy. She truly is the happiest baby EVER. So sweet and smiley, she only fusses when shes tired or hungry. The rest of the time she just grins at us and looks around with her huge eyes.
R and George have been working on building onto the swing set R built last summer. It now has a slide and steps going up to it. The kids have been out all day playing for the past two days.
My sister had twin boys. My parents now have 9 grand kids between the two of us! I think its neat that my parents lost a son but now have LOTS of grand kids. Kind of a blessing in the trial.
Tiny has been expanding her vocabulary ALOT. She likes to copy everything that Blondie does so she tries to say things that Blondie says. She went from having zero things to say just weeks ago to being able to express her needs pretty well. Thank Heavens, I was starting to get tired of her crying and me not knowing what she wanted.
With me having a baby in December, then surgery, then my mom coming out, R having a weeks vacation, etc, etc... George still has 39 days of school left. I figured if we work everyday (no Saturdays and Sundays off) we will finish mid- May. Not to bad. I thought we were going to be working through the summer.
A prong broke on my wedding ring, I think its neat that we've been married long enough for that to happen. Its getting fixed this week so Im without my ring, I miss it.
Ive been working on Thankfulness. One friend talked about it in her blog, then another friend posted something on FB. I think God is trying to teach me something... Anyway the post on FB had the idea of having your kids and you say what your thankful for then write it down and put it up on the window. So now at lunch we all say what we're thankful for and I write it down and hang it up.
The last of going ons around here is, I love spring. Perfect weather, the kids have so much fun outside, its wonderful to shed the winter coats. The air is fresh... Love it.
That is all.
one cool thing someone I know does is write Bible verses on the window using window markers. It works really well for the kids to memorize and makes it fun. You could do verses of thankfulness that way. Another idea is to go around at dinner and everyone take turns saying what they're thankful for about each other or just in general
ReplyDeleteNot much going on?????? I find that hard to believe with 4 kiddos at home and helping your Mom with A's kiddos too (and I have a feeling you will help with the move this weekend too)!!! : )
ReplyDeleteLove hearing all the details of life for you!
ReplyDeleteI got to meet (and hold!) your 2 new nephew's yesterday. Made my week!
I have been trying to practice and teach more thankfulness too. Last week before praying at meals I have started to ask the boys what we should thank Jesus for. It's been fun to hear their answers :)