Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stuffed Giraffes and Purple Mouths

Its been a rather exciting week around here. My Dad came out with my sisters, in laws. They all came to see my sisters new twin boys. My mom has been here already helping my sister get adjusted to life with twins. Since her in laws were staying at her house my parents came to ours. Blondie LOVES my dad. For some reason she thinks his name is Grandma and always calls him that. So she talks about Grandma and Grandma all the time. When she was asking me when he was coming out she kept saying "When is the other Grandma coming?" I thought she was talking about my hubbys mom, so I would explain that she wasnt coming. Then she would say "NO the OTHER Grandma, the one that comes with the Grandma thats already here" Me: "OH you mean GrandPA" I always say GrandPA and remind her all the time. Im beginning to think that maybe she does it to annoy? Or she thinks shes funny? Or she doesnt realize what shes saying? It makes my Dad laugh though, and shes got him feeling pretty good since she acts like he hung the moon.

On a sadder note, my sisters newborn twins arent doing so well. One of them (J) was rushed by ambulance to the hospital on Sunday night. He has RSV and is still on oxygen at the hospital. His brother just got put on the nebulizer today because he has it too. Thankfully his isnt bad enough to be hospitalized, and Lord willing he hopefully wont have to. God worked all of the timing for this out perfectly. My sis's mom in law is here and knows CPR and what to do in situations like that. I guess she kept him alive till the ambulance arrived. Upon arrival the paramedics thought they were to late. There were hundreds of people praying for the little guy and he pulled through. So keep J and L in your prayers. They are only three weeks old and were premature as well. L was born breech after the doctor had to wrestle him from the womb. He wasnt breathing when he came out. They got him going but he was a bruised up little guy and spent 10 days in the NICU. My sister went through a lot during delivery (obviously, the doc having to work for 15 minutes to pull the baby out...).Pray for my sis because shes not completely healed from giving birth to her twins, and on Saturday they moved into a house. So on top of worrying about her boys, going back and forth to the hospital, taking care of her three other kids, she also needs to unpack and get her home situated. Shes pretty amazing and Im excited to see what God is going to do with her and her hubby through all this. Anyway, long story short this past three weeks has been stressful, keep my sister and family in your prayers.

Tiny lost her MUCHLY LOVED giraffe. The thing is almost one of her appendages. It seems like it always goes missing right at naps or bedtime and we all have to look for it or theres no sleep to be had. She cries her head off when I make her leave it at home so more often than not I end up letting her take it wherever we go. The other day we went to lunch with R. He left for work from there and we went to Kohl's. On the way home from Kohls she started crying and saying "Beebee! Beebee!" and the crying turned to sobbing. Then I noticed with horror that her giraffe wasnt clutched in her hand. Oh great. I made George take his seatbelt off and look around the vehicle to make sure it wasnt stuck somewhere. No giraffe. So I frantically searched through my purse for our lunch recipt, I remembered her carrying it around there but didnt remember her leaving with it. I called and they said that there wasnt a stuffed giraffe in the lost and found. I said "Are you sure? Is there someplace else in the restaurant that it could be?" She said no and took my number down. I almost drove there to look myself but it was a 30 minute drive and gas prices and our Suburban dont mesh well. My head was feeling fuzzy thinking about bedtime without her precious toy. At this point it was supper time, the kids hadnt napped and I just wanted to get everyone home. I decided to call Kohls just to make sure it wasnt there. I found a receipt in my purse (good thing I bought stuff right? Its pretty handy to have receipts for phone numbers) and called, but my memory being awesome like it is didnt remember her having it there. So I thought I was wasting time, I was even driving toward home. The customer service answered and I asked "Do you have a stuffed giraffe in your lost and found?" the lady said "Is it brown with spots?" I said "Its kind of a yellowish tan color" She said "Does it have spiky hair?" Me "OH YOU HAVE IT THERE???!!! Is it well loved?" I had to make sure we were talking about the same giraffe. "Yes, its a well loved toy, thats a good way of putting it". So I drove back across town, got all four kids out, sped walked/half dragged the kids back to customer service. I nearly cried for joy when I saw her dirty, smiling, cow looking giraffe sitting on the counter. Now no matter the tears that thing isnt leaving the house anymore. That was way to close of a call.

Happy has thrush and gave it to me. She got some medicine which as soon as I put the smallest amount into her mouth she would start sputtering and spitting to get it out. I would try to shoot it toward her throat on which she would start to choke, then eventually throw it up all the while screaming her cute little head off. I was desperate for something else to get rid of the thrush so sent a plea to my FB friends. I found out about some violet stuff (cant remember the name) that was supposed to work pretty well that you could buy over the counter. I got some and its been working wonderfully. Happy has a great big purple smile now, but it works. Today while shopping I had her in my sling and people would stop to chat with my baby and I had to tell them that no she didnt chew on a pen, she has purple medicine. Thankfully she has gigantic blue eyes that *maybe* distracted from the colorful mouth a little.

To end I thought I would leave you with a picture of Beebee the giraffe. Believe it or not I washed him today... though he doesnt look like it.


****Three Days Later*****
My sister and her hubby are on their way to take L to the hospital. They took him to the doctors because he started acting the same way as J before his RSV got really bad. The doctor admitted them. Pray for my sweet nephews to get well SOON!

3 comments:

  1. He's a cute sort of cowish giraffe! Glad you found him =)

    Praying for Ange & the boys~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the stuff called "Gentian Violet"? My mom believes that's the only stuff that works on thrush.
    I'm glad you found Beebee and wish your sister strength and faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so much going on with you all.. how incredibly scary about your nephew, I just can't imagine that scene. Praying for both of them to get better soon!

    So glad the giraffe was found the same day.
    Hope you and Happy heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete