Kohl's had their wall decals 55% off plus I had a 15% off coupon. I decided to get a decal for our living room and our bedroom. Then because they were so cheap I let the kids pick out one for their bedrooms. Does anyone else find Kohls to be a money sucking store? Its almost as bad as Walmart.

This is the one in our living room. The decal came in three sections. I put the reference on first, then "Always". When I tried to get "Rejoice in the Lord" to stick it wouldnt. I tried and tried and finally gave up. It just said "Always Philippians 4:4" on our wall. Arrrg, I wasnt sure what to do about that. Thankfully R was able to get it to stick when he got home. He did exactly what I was doing earlier but it worked for him. Interesting.

This is the one in our room. Sigh, I love my hubby *so* much....... Our 10 year anniversary is coming up :o)
See our neighbors lawn through the window? Isnt their grass weird? Its a frequent source of conversation for me and my hubby. Its always two different colors of grass, all swirly. So strange.

George picked out the planets. See the stars on the wall? I let him put those on himself... unsupervised... *cringe*. Note to self: dont do that again.

These owls are what Blondie picked. Eight different colored owls came in the pack. She didnt pick out pretty butterflies or flowers or anything pink. She wanted the owls, shes random like that.

This is what I picked out for Tiny's room (which she will share with Happy once we move her out of our room). Its a growth chart, isnt it cute? I wrote all the kids' heights from birth to current age on it. Tiny and Blondie were almost the exact same height at every milestone. Interesting huh? The giraffe on it looks a lot like Tinys beloved stuffed toy that she has with her at all times. When she saw the giraffe after we put it up she yelled "Beebee!" and tried to hug the wall. It was really cute.
I know our wall decals were super thrilling to look at.
Does anyone have any good creams or home remedies for really dry chapped skin? Happy has suddenly developed eczema or something. Her poor face last week was so chapped and red. I finally just started slathering Vaseline all over it and its helped ALOT. Its not red anymore (thank goodness) but its really dry, her bum is too. Poor girl. Im hoping she just had a reaction to something.
We went to my hubbys home church for Easter, then spent the afternoon with his family. My kids looked so stinking cute :o) The week before Easter I got a 30% off coupon at Kohls and got the cutest dresses and sweaters for the girls and a sharp looking shirt for George (see what I mean? Money sucking store). We were in such a rush Sunday morning that I didnt get a picture. Its a two hour drive to get to his hometown, so thats a mighty early morning getting four young kids ready for Easter Sunday. We took M along, shes a good family friend. She doesnt have family in the area (though shes pretty much a cousin). I have a self esteem killer story. A man from the church was holding Happy and M was standing there with me. A lady was talking with us and asked M if she was Happys sister. Which would make me M's mom! What?! M's 20, and Im 30! Either I look old for my age or she thought M was 10. I know M doesnt look 10 so.... It turned into a really awkward moment with me stammering and trying to explain our relationship. Anyhoo....
On Sunday we have the infant dedication at church. Its not an infant baptism or anything like that, its just a public commitment saying we want to raise our child in a Godly home. My mom was going to head back to her state on Saturday but shes going to see if she can stay an extra day so she can be there for Happys dedication... And MOTHERS DAY! How often can we celebrate that with my mom here? Not very. R's parents are going to come down for it too. That will be fun. I have to let you all know, I love my hubbys family. They're so sweet.
Well, I have a bunch of errands to run so I better get off the computer. Told you this was a thrilling post. I couldnt even think of an exciting title.
Love that the kids could pick out what they wanted!
ReplyDeleteI hope you've had better times than that from your last post; sounds rough!!
For Austin, I use Aquaphor or Aquaphilic.
It's a good thing we don't live close to anything except a WalMart, because I'd probably spend more money than I do now, with all of those things you mentioned and coupons! So, a positive for living in a tiny town! :)
Hey, I love your decal pictures!! I need to get some mounting putty to keep our pictures up straight. Since I did my post half have fallen off or are crooked now!
ReplyDeleteAndrew is very prone to eczema as well. Skip the infant section and go for the adult lotion section. Andrew's skin is very sensitive so I look for ones that are made for sensitive skin. Usually the thicker creams work well. Gold bond has some great ones. I'm trying to remember what it's called! Hmm. Oh- don't give her a bath every day. Water takes moisture out of eczema prone skin and can make it worse. I just put lotion on Andrew a lot. There's some amazing cocoa butter lotion that vaseline makes (that, I got a walmart knock off brand of.) It smells SO good. It really softens his skin. We've used a lot of different kinds. Dermasil is made for sensitive skin. (perk with the regular lotion section- WAY cheaper than baby stuff made for eczema!!) If you want a natural way, I've heard coconut oil is great at working. Basically apply lotion often, more than just when her skin is dry.
so happy to hear everyone is feeling better. and i love the wall decals, i'm a huge kohl's fan too :)
ReplyDeletesam just started getting eczema on his face (i've had it my whole life) and i tried vaseline/aquaphor/lotions for a few weeks, then his pediatrician recommended buying 1% hydrocortizone cream. i apply it twice a day and it keeps it at bay. i also make sure never to use anything scented on his skin (either washes or lotions) and even though he has a bath every night cuz he gets SO dirty, i only wash him up every few days.
Oh I love those Julie. I didn't know Kohls even had those. I love the saying in your room. So sweet! And I love the verse too! Okay I like the kids too, just to be fair. (-:
ReplyDeleteI agree Kohls is totally a trap! I went in today thinking well if I buy $50 worth then I will have another $10 in Kohls cash to spend. Thankfully I could not find what I needed so I didn't give in.
I used the hydrocortizone cream on Ben, but the doctor cautioned me not to use it too often. I think because it is a low dose steroid. I used it a few days then put it a way then if needed use it again. Also I am pretty sure that you do NOT use it on the diaper area. One thing to try for diaper rash is plain yogurt, besides the obvious diaper creams.
I read a blog on Melanie's bloglist of a mom whose baby had a very similar rash and she was allergic to milk, so the mom went off of milk. I think it cleared up after that.
Sorry if this is long and wordy. (-: